Nesbitt haulage Cardiff/South Wales

I am new here and I am hoping someone might be able to help me find out more about a haulage company my father worked for in the 1950’s/60’s in Cardiff.
I believe the company was named Nesbitts and my father was a driver for them. I lost contact with my father in the early 1960’s when my parents divorced and I am trying to piece together some info on my father.
Does anyone remember the Nesbitts company, where they were based and what type of haulage they did??
I would be very grateful for any info you knowledgeable people can give me.
Thankyou,
Dave.

Dave, please post this in the South Wales thread, I am sure there are people who post there who had involvment with Nesbitts haulage.
Neil.

I think the company could be nesberts based in whitchurch , I had a few nights out with a couple of them ,we used to load plasterboard out of sherburn in emet.

I think the company could be nesberts based in whitchurch , I had a few nights out with a couple of them ,we used to load plasterboard out of sherburn in elmet.

Hi All

There is a photograph on page 110 of the South Wales thread of a Seddon from a company called R Nessbert of Cardiff.

:smiley: Thankyou gents, I have re-posted onto the south wales page and hopefully someone there will have a little more info for me.
Thanks for your help and suggestions.

obout time someone started anessbit thread they were in college road whitchurch owned by old ray nessbert then two sons young Raymond then paul proper hauliers my brother kelvin ward worked for them four tears and also finished up couple transcons subbieying for them I did a little bit for them I know a lot about them post later

HI Dave

It is Nessberts Haulage that your dad worked for.

The company was started by My grandfather Ray Nessbert and was later run by my father and uncle. Paul and Raymond Nessbert.

The company closed about 30 years ago and they started a Daf franchise Cardiff Truck Centre.

Unfortunately my Father Paul passed away just over a year ago. My uncle Raymond is still around so any specific questions I can ask him for you I am sure he would remember your father.

I remember the yard as a child and a few of the drivers. I remember kelvin Ward who’s brother has also replied for this thread and a few others however I was quite young.

I work in the truck industry to this day for an old established company Watts Truck and Van.

All the best with your search

Craig Nessbert

hi, its the only pic I got for a minate. hope its an intrest.

10415604_598125053619397_4477278599355065096_n.jpg

Hi Craig, I’ve been out of Cardiff since 1991, did Watts buy the Daf dealership off your family?
Was the dealership started down the docks before moving to Grangetown.

Welcome to tnuk, You may well have photos to post on the South Wales thread.

Regards Paul.

Hi Dave yes Watts bought the dealership from my family. All my life the yard was based in Collage road Whitchurch Cardiff.

hi craignessbert I sorry to hear about your dad I liked him ad your uncle ray now your grandfather wat a character took no crap of anyone mad as ahatter proper old grafter he built that fleet from hard work and some fleet he had erf atkinsons marathons guys transcons seddons all sorts they carried anything asbestos steel rubber paper reels big job was owlet nails Dartford then tibury or sheerness backload plasterboard back from sherburn in elmet yorks bombs from caerwent to north west Scotland anyting anywere my brother loved the nessbert family he went to live with your uncle harry I think that was his name in rhiwbina aged 21 hes a miserable sod but mention nessis he smiles ill put more on later regards rowly