Nervous Driver

Is it just me or do your guts feel as if there being ripped out before i go and do a driving job for an agency had myc e licence for two years now did my first class1 job today first time in six months is there anything you can get to calm you down.

Hi scally2, if its a mixture of excitement & nerves - just take a few realy deep breaths & try to bring yourself back to earth & focus on what your doing, you’ll soon settle into the job at hand. If its anxiety, ask yourself what exactly is making you anxious? if it is any one particular thing thats bothering you - find a solution to the problem, or if its something you’r not sure about then don’t be afraid to ask someone - at the end of the day keep a level head & think :exclamation: hope this helps :smiley:

kalmsstress.com/

scally2:
is there anything you can get to calm you down

You could try this nhsdirectory.org :smiley:

Or try this.

:stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue:

i came back on agency after 20 year break mate,started last month at co op distribution centre,1600 people work there.don’t feel intimidated by by the so called superior drivers,i,ve found if you ask they they always help you out,but most of all when out on the road take you time.keep safe mate .

Thanks people, it was nerves but now i have done the job feel a bit better .think i`ll take the vodka it seems to work for others ha ha .

EXACTLY in the same boat , i am in stobarts later and i have only drove c1 about 3 times before and i am not good at reversing , then i get flustered and make more mistakes :frowning:

i am the same as al_p. try one of the relaxation cds. Glen Horrold “complete relaxation” works for me. you can also right down your fears on one side of a piece of paper and on the other side write down possitive solutions that you can employ to deal with situations you have identified.

Coffeeholic:
http://www.kalmsstress.com/

Kalms don’t work for me i use Natracalm. it may just be plecebo but if it works, it works!

Not so nervous now ps could any one tell me when you take out a curtain sider do pallets of goods have to be strapped down or does the weight hold them down anyway because once or twice when loaded up just get told to go once i’v done my checks don’t want visa on my tail just yet thanks guys n dolls

You should never rely on curtains as a load restraint. Strap down the load. Bulging curtains are a big invitation to VOSA!

All the best :laughing: :laughing:

scally2:
Not so nervous now ps could any one tell me when you take out a curtain sider do pallets of goods have to be strapped down or does the weight hold them down anyway because once or twice when loaded up just get told to go once i’v done my checks don’t want visa on my tail just yet thanks guys n dolls

Many people will tell you that you don’t need to strap loads down, the curtains are enough of a restraint, except when it falls off, those same people will be nowhere to be seen and the buck, as they say, stops with you and you alone!

But if you have any of that Absolut vodka that has fallen off the back of a lorry, my number is; :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

scally2:

I don’t think your bank will care mate :smiley:

Seriously, strap them down. If you’ve never done strapping before, get someone to show you. Always better to ask than take a risk. Believe me, if you hit the back of a lorry on the motorway and your load isn’t strapped it WILL lurch forward straight into the cab, I’ve seen it happen.

Thanks guys thought that would be the case .

Just remember that the driver is responsible for the SAFTY & CONTENTS of load

It should arrive in same condition as when loaded onto you so if in doubt