Nerves

I have a course booked this month to do my class 2. I am 50% looking forward to it and 50% full of nerves.

Any tips?

The bloke that is teaching me thinks i will do ok as i impressed him with the assessment drive and thinks i will do ok

Hi mickyblue. I know exactly how you feel - I was the same in the days before starting class 2. For me it was more to do with the anticipation and just wanting to get started rather than being nervous about driving a much larger vehicle than I’m used to. That said, it took me the first day of training to feel comfortable with the vehicle in terms of having the confidence that I could actually drive it okay (rather than constantly making mistakes like approaching junctions too fast or clipping kerbs). After that I really looked forward to each new training day!

I’m far from an expert but what worked for me was to make sure I slowed down well ahead of time to give me space to think, get used to living in the mirrors and to ask questions if you feel unsure. The fact that your instructor thinks you’ll do okay is a good thing and take some confidence from that! Finally, keeping a diary online helped me to process the learning.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,

Lazlo

Dont sweat it !!!
If I can pass anyone can :wink: :smiley:

as soon as you have done ya first day u will be fine then the nerves come back for the night before test , i didnt sleep a wink, but just before my test downed one of those shots of redbull the little bottle thought it might help me concentrate better dont know if it helped but I passed :sunglasses:

good luck

J x

Cheers,

just before my test, which is on the 3rd of October, i have Lee evens tickets lol. talk about needing sleep.

I think i will be fine once behind the wheel but its that fear factor of hearing that you have failed. £1000 down the drain and another £300+ to do it again. Money that you can not come by that quick.

If you can hire a 7.5 ton for a day . nerves are only the brains way coping with the unexpected. . you will be fine

Hi MB as covered above just learn on first day and take it all in it’s amazing how soon you actually start to enjoy it and I found making mistakes was the best way of learning as you re-do the same but make sure you do it right the next time and it’s fine
I was fine by the third day and just learning the routes and places to stop safely by the side of the road.
Hope you have a good time and enjoy your experience don’t think about the costs it just puts pressure on yourself but I understand what you mean.

I was the same, just chilled out abit. There not some kind of uncontrolable animal, its just like driving a car.

Nerves, i know what you mean, i got butterflies lol as i start mine tomorrow morning :wink:

Im looking forward to it as well but as you say its nerve racking. My test is on monday and im praying i can pass first time but i know the pass rates are pretty much 50-50.

Good luck with your training i hope you get on really well.

atomic7431:
i know the pass rates are pretty much 50-50.

Those pass rates include all upgrade catagories from BE to CE and are for all tests not just first time tests

In other words … they mean nothing

Just try to keep calm and listen to your instructor. When your comfortable driving with your instructor you’ll be fine then when your on your test try to imagine that it is your instructor sitting beside you and not the examiner!

Worked for me on my THIRD test! :unamused: