Neilz Trukin Kumpny, Another Middle East Old Hand Gone

Only met him once, he used to have a driver that lived on a camp site near Gava, he used to drive the renault painted in CIT colours,

I can’t remember his name, he married a spanish girl, might have been called mick ? Not the girl haha…

Me dad had a driver that lived on the same camp site…

Anyway met neil once and he was a proper loon, in a good way !

think its same guy had a black sk merc neilz trukin painted on it with complete windscreen lined with french empty beer bottles used to see him in poole docks r.i.p. m8

That black Dodge in the last picture was originally mine I bought it new I never was very fond of it. It had a V8 Perkins in and was 28t gross. I sold it to Neil when it was about 18months old, and later he built that horrible allotment shed thing on their. He was totally outrageous with stuff like that, just didn’t give a cuss what people thought of him.
dan

I am a drunk Danish scrobb but I am sad , I remember Neilz Dodge wid a fish tank sleeper , and when 38 tonne came to England he CHAINED a third axe; to his tandem , not welded only chained on , legand

Yes lilladan, that sure sounds like Neil at that time there was a big saving on roadtax for running on 5 axles. that Dodge could never have operated at 38t it was a 28tonner he was at that time working out of Lin Pac Louth on lightweight capacity loads. Neil made all his tandems (He only had about 3) into tri axles to save on the road tax I did not know he just chained them on, he was just one crazy SOB.
Dan

maddan:
Yes lilladan, that sure sounds like Neil at that time there was a big saving on roadtax for running on 5 axles. that Dodge could never have operated at 38t it was a 28tonner he was at that time working out of Lin Pac Louth on lightweight capacity loads. Neil made all his tandems (He only had about 3) into tri axles to save on the road tax I did not know he just chained them on, he was just one crazy SOB.
Dan

Well mr Maddan , I never said I ever saw the Dodge pulling a three axel trailer , I did see a Scania on Immingham docks with a tre axel trailer with the xtra axel just chained on ( I dont know about the other trailers ) but to say the Dodge could never operate at 38 tonnes because it was rated at 28 ton is like saying my Volvo F86 did not operate up to 48 tonnes in Denmark and the UK when the limit was 32 ton ! that is like writing like P Davies , G Edge , Ingram ect , people that never ``did it `` in the real world but and can read brochures ect , I did run at such high weights with an F86 and I cannot believe Neilz Truckin Kumpny would take note of the rating of the Dodge , when so many large companies would send out a 28 ton Ford ect loaded to 32 ton , also was a guy called Alan Peacock asked if he should buy a tractor to sub for Humber Warehousing Grimsby and they said he could and he put his 32 tonner AEC on there ,Humber thought it must be a Mandator of course being all legal at that firm , in fact it was only a Mercury plated for 25 or 26 ton at most , dont know if they ever found out ! times have changed , best regards .