Neil Williams Haulage

Any info on what there like to work for etc.

heard they are ok, they seem disorganised though, i have been awaiting over a month for my driving assessment, keep calling them to be told someone will be calling back about it but never hear nothing

you going in through agency or direct?

Dunno about disorganised they’ve grown a lot in the past few years, they got me in for an assessment pretty quickly.
The assessment is basically half a shift free of charge to them and pretty good depending on the driver who takes you out, I won’t give my guys name incase it’s against forum rules but I was being told to speed up during the assessment then when the lass got back to me her words were,
“your drive was excellent and you done very well bla bla… I have one issue though that you drive a little to fast and we currently have a lot of inexperienced drivers on the fleet so for insurance purposes, but please get back in touch if you haven’t heard anything from us in the next 8-9 weeks”

Morale of the story don’t listen to your assessor if he’s wanting you a little over speed limits. I’m past caring now as have full time C+E position just a little heads up for you.

Ryy86:
Dunno about disorganised they’ve grown a lot in the past few years, they got me in for an assessment pretty quickly.
The assessment is basically half a shift free of charge to them and pretty good depending on the driver who takes you out, I won’t give my guys name incase it’s against forum rules but I was being told to speed up during the assessment then when the lass got back to me her words were,
“your drive was excellent and you done very well bla bla… I have one issue though that you drive a little to fast and we currently have a lot of inexperienced drivers on the fleet so for insurance purposes, but please get back in touch if you haven’t heard anything from us in the next 8-9 weeks”

Morale of the story don’t listen to your assessor if he’s wanting you a little over speed limits. I’m past caring now as have full time C+E position just a little heads up for you.

I cannot understand why you didn’t go back and do another half shift for free :smiley:
Damned unsporting of you dear boy :smiley:

I cannot understand why you didn’t go back and do another half shift for free :smiley:
Damned unsporting of you dear boy :smiley:

Hahaha! I know right… Don’t worry if I ever feel like I’ve done someone or something over I’ll be sure to get back on that dog and bone to balance out the ol’ karma.

I did jump in that truck with no Hino experience and left quite confident on the job role, apart from the little excess speed to help me up hills and what-not.
Thing I couldn’t get used to is how close you can go to kerbs with 2 front steer axels.

Got a telephone call this evening asking me to start here… But I’ve just went S/E umbrella and I’m recieving a lot higher rate (not the £1 p/h pish!)
Wondering what the pay here is like forgot to ask her on phone as was in the middle of something else which was quite silly.

Logic did you get your assessment and how did it go?

Last I heard NWH were paying around the £8.50 mark

Finally got my assessment arranged for this Friday, heard it might be in a HINO been briefed on the gears being a bit different

This company seem to be on a massive recruitment campaign at the moment open days aswell as advertising through almost every local agency for long term. Must have gained some pretty big contracts

edinburgh_newbie:
Finally got my assessment arranged for this Friday, heard it might be in a HINO been briefed on the gears being a bit different

This company seem to be on a massive recruitment campaign at the moment open days aswell as advertising through almost every local agency for long term. Must have gained some pretty big contracts

They landed the BAM A7 borders rail contract and I’ve seen there tippers on the fifth road bridge site.
They want me in for a drive on Saturday can’t do weekdays due to my job, but tbh I’m not gonna bother ain’t happy taking less p/h along with less hours is just madness for me.
I’m also not happy with their view on driving assessments taking all day I’d pop in for an hour or 2 drive but ■■■■ starting at 7am till 1-2pm for ■■■■ all probably keep you on till 4-5pm if the assessor was working on a site away from their depot…
And you will be driving a dirty Hino with a smack over gearbox excellent opportunity if you need the experience etc, good luck.

Thanks mate, done tippers before for A Johnstones but was a scania with a standard 4 x 4 im assuming the assessor will be ok with me saying im not use to that type of gearbox

Did a full day assessment on thursday got a call to say it went well however cause the guy they sent me with wasnt the driver trainer they want me in for another full day assess which of course will be unpaid

apparently the driver trainer was off ill

Are you going to do it ?

edinburgh_newbie:
Did a full day assessment on thursday got a call to say it went well however cause the guy they sent me with wasnt the driver trainer they want me in for another full day assess which of course will be unpaid

apparently the driver trainer was off ill

Surely they should have told you that before you went in for the first day’s assessment, not insisting you work a second day for nothing through no fault of your own? Sound like ■■■■-takers to me. I wouldn’t be doing any more free work for them.

nearly there:
Are you going to do it ?

Im unsure I did kind of fancy the job but I feel a bit like a mug if I go again as others have said I went as asked wasnt my fault the guy wasnt there could have rescheduled me

There wanting two free days out of you.sounds bad set up.i wouldnt even think about going back.1 or 2 hours ok but two days,sounds like free labour to me

What was the point in sending you out for a shift with a driver that cannot confirm your abilities? I’d certainly be cheesed off at being asked to do it all again with no promise of a job at the end, but at the end of the day, it will depend how much you fancy the job.

the thi i do kind of fancy the job but at the same time feel like the ■■■■ has been taken a little bit

hmmm decisions decisions

edinburgh_newbie:
the thi i do kind of fancy the job but at the same time feel like the ■■■■ has been taken a little bit

hmmm decisions decisions

Tell them to stick it mate plenty more jobs out there at this time of the year. I bumped them a ■■■■■■ last week she phoned me before hand n I told her I wasn’t interested,trying to get my reasons out me basically told her I’m earning far to much money that they will never match, they are chancing ■■■■■■■■■

They should have made you aware of the circumstances ie driver trainer off before you wasted your time, ■■■■■■■■■ mate

Ryy86:

edinburgh_newbie:

hmmm decisions decisions

Tell them to stick it mate plenty more jobs out there at this time of the year. I bumped them a [zb] last week she phoned me before hand n I told her I wasn’t interested,trying to get my reasons out me basically told her I’m earning far to much money that they will never match, they are chancing [zb].

They should have made you aware of the circumstances ie driver trainer off before you wasted your time, [zb] mate

yeah its what i feel like doing the only issue for me is though most other jobs around just now are probably only short term till christmas where as this is permanent

Makes you feel like they haev a hold of you by the short and curlys ha