Need your help people

…To gather some ammunition for a meeting I’ve got with management, and one of the topics I will be raising is now that our units are limited to 52mph and not 56mph if we will be having

This vehicle is limited to 522mph” stickers, we the drivers think we should have them even if its just courteous to other road users to let them know. But management say we are not having them.

this i were you lot come in, just need your help to collate some pros and cons if there are any to having/not having these stickers.

Cheers all

Cruise Control:
…To gather some ammunition for a meeting I’ve got with management, and one of the topics I will be raising is now that our units are limited to 52mph and not 56mph if we will be having

This vehicle is limited to 522mph” stickers, we the drivers think we should have them even if its just courteous to other road users to let them know. But management say we are not having them.

this i were you lot come in, just need your help to collate some pros and cons if there are any to having/not having these stickers.

Cheers all

522mph can i get a shot :grimacing:

You could approach management and suggest this would be a good idea on safety grounds as it gives useful information to other road users but there is no legal requirement to have them displayed.

You may suggest to them that perhaps a double piece of info on one sticker would be useful -
“This vehicle is limited to 40mph on single carriageways and has a 52mph limiter fitted”

:bulb: :bulb: :question:

merc0447:

Cruise Control:

Cheers all

522mph can i get a shot :grimacing:

No wonder they’re not getting them!! :smiley:

As the “This vehicle is limited to 52MPH” sticker would only be relevant on motorways, I don’t see any benefit from having them fitted.

If you are travelling at 52mph and someone is closing on you, they will simply overtake you :exclamation: .
Doesn’t matter whether you have a “52” sticker or not.

Sainsburys have “This vehicle MAY be limited to 50MPH” stickers. Kind of irrelevant when you are on the boards trying to overtake one that isn’t :unamused:

Tesco’s don’t have any stickers, everyone seems to pass them without any problems :wink:

We have “Restricted to 40MPH on A roads” stickers on our trailers (out of courtesy). Still get “drivers” trying to push you along.

i don’t see the point in them those who can pass will and any tescos will form an orderly convoy with you

With all that is going on everwhere in the world I really can’t understand why there is a post about a STICKER indicating a trucks speed :open_mouth: :open_mouth: What difference does it make?? A bloody big matrix sign saying keep left after overtaing has no effect so a sticker saying vehicle limited to whatever will mean nothing - I’ve got allsorts on trailers I pick up, love em…still got scoff on a few :blush:

can’t see they do much for road safety and maybe even detract from it, from bosses point of view are just another expense (albeit only a small one).
Also maybe worried that some awkward driver is going to refuse a trailer without a sticker in future times.
I would think that there are more important issues to discuss with any boss.

Cruise Control:

Cheers all

We don’t have any stickers and we’re limited to 50mph. Never had a problem. You sound like a nice genuine bunch of drivers wanting to be courteous to other drivers, do you have any other ‘courteous’ ideas in the offing?