Need suggestions for truck as a toy :-)

<<<You won`t sell the bova before Easter. >>>
We’ll see, surprising sometimes just who shows an interest. My first coach sold in January.

You can buy CM in WH Smiths or most petrol stations. <<< Didn’t know that, thanks will look tomorrow.

as reliable than a family saloon. << Well if it only breaks down every 30,000 that will be 10 years for me IF i do 3000 a year, which is unlikely.

Anyone with an interest is welcome. << I have poked around here for a long time now, but rarely post. At one time we did loads of trucknetuk stickers for members but the requests for them dwindled (was with another username, i can’t find my password :smiley: )

it’s the only place to ask in my opinion :open_mouth: I know there’s various other sites around but rarely take any interest in all the squabbling :laughing: :laughing: To me, this seems like the place full of chirpy blokes that just want to get on with the job & not whinge too much. I got out of it a few years ago but obviously miss playing with them … enter the Magnum :wink:

Will try to throw a bob or two’s worth in wherever i can, but you all seem to make a pretty good job of answering all the queries.

BTW does Davey still hang out here ■■ not seen any posts from him ■■

Toytown:
<<< To me, this seems like the place full of chirpy blokes that just want to get on with the job & not whinge too much.

Oh no. We whinge too. :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Davey is here. Sometimes he posts, but mostly he reads Two eyes but only one mouth, remember?

For the second time, you have left it a little late to fill us in on the full details. :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Vince

Toytown:
<<<it’s the only place to ask in my opinion :open_mouth: I know there’s various other sites around

Believe me, they are both rubbish.

Vince

Toytown, I used to drive a Magnum, I now drive a Frieghtliner Columbia around Arizona and California, I WISH I had my Magnum, I LOVED it, it was the greatest and still is the greatest looking, best pulling, most imposing motor on UK roads today.

You couldn’t ask for a better truck, go buy one, and for what ou want it for maybe grossing 14 tonnes, it’ll go like a train, lets see a pic of the one you get before and after you do the conversion.

Stuart

Toytown.

I may have the very thing you are looking for !!

L reg 420 Magnum 4x2 tractor unit all tested ready to go. Will speak to the owner tomorrow re price i know its for sale i think around £ 3500.00
will confirm price tomorrow who knows may be less !!!

Vince

<<<For the second time, you have left it a little late to fill us in on the full details. >>

what did i miss then ■■? If it’s late & i’m missing the obvious, please clue me in :smiley:

Munchman

Sounds good to me :smiley: Must admit to always loving the imposing look of the magnum, either love it or hate it - I love them

kjc
By all means ask if & when you see him m8, but PLEASE don’t go out of your way just yet. It’s all revolving around the bova at the moment, I have a buyer but he’s struggling to raise the funds & I can’t accept his best offer. Worse than buying houses … always a chain in this hobby :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: All that said, it does sound as if it’s worth a look if mine goes & he’s still got it. Do you think 420 will be enough for 14 tons :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp:

kjc27:
Toytown.

I may have the very thing you are looking for !!

L reg 420 Magnum 4x2 tractor unit all tested ready to go!

That sounds perfect. Asking price £3,500, offer price £3,000, end up between 3.2 and 3.3. Then some negotiation on enough diesel to get home. Been there.

Buy a Magnum, and whatever the problems, you will never think “I wish I`d bought an ERF”.

Buy an ERF and you will think for evermore “I wish I`d bought the Magnum”

And folks- this philosophy will serve you well in any aspect of your life.

Vince

Not a bad philosophy i agree but what do i know - I still have to work for a living :confused:

Better idea … asking price £3250 walk away with it for a tickle under 3 & bung my “informant” a nice backhander.

No I never did do USSR but learned a bit from your site Vince :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Hello John

So this is where you’ve been hiding then :laughing:

Pat

Pat:
Hello John

So this is where you’ve been hiding then :laughing:

Pat

aah,so I’m not the only one who sussed the new ID :smiley:

Hi John, can’t get on to your website on the url above just getting “Cannot find server or DNS Error” :cry:

You got that one worked out quick Mrs Scania :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Pat:
Too many clues above i think :laughing:
I don’t really take part much anywhere, not posted for months but theres few days go by without a look around trucknet & pda to see who’s doing what … & every day it makes me more determined not to drive one full time again (probably not capable, too old :unamused: ).

Got another couple of enquiries on the bova this morning, so we will see what happens. Certainly the wrong time of year but it only takes one buyer & a magnum might appear over the horizon … maybe even a eurotech or 95, whatever looks right at the time :laughing:

COME ON YOU LOT - Get away from the screen & go buy some pressies for the family … xmas shopping is FUN … yes it is & the editors decision if final :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

The photo confirmed it John …after all I did used to live in the house where the pic was taken :laughing: :laughing:

I couldn’t get on the website either or the old one■■?

Pat

Dennis & Pat

Website is offline for a week or two, having a bit of a play with it over xmas to include some later work.

Not sure what you mean by the “old” one ■■ maybe buysigns which went offline the same day BT wanted to extract £190 for renewal :open_mouth:

My only work site now is www.signworkshops.co.uk but as i say, it is offline until the new year. There should be a short message there.

I see you keep buying newer trucks Dennis, life must be good in the livestock industry … no doubt your latest is a big step up from that old Renault rigid you had :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused:

I guessed somebody would know who / where i am, the coach is hardly hidden is it :smiley: :smiley:

What’s all your opinions on Eurosheds ■■?

I drove one a few years ago for an O’D & it didn’t seem bad to me :question: Not the build quality of a scania or volvo but considering my limited budget, it might be the next best option if I can’t find a magnum at the right price.

2 or 3 of them around for £2500 so they’r echeap enough … and a much bigger cab than the ERF :smiley:

Suppose you all hate them :laughing:

I see you keep buying newer trucks Denis, life must be good in the livestock industry … no doubt your latest is a big step up from that old Renault rigid you had

still got it :frowning: unlikely to put it through next years test though (august ish )

replaced the F10 last august :slight_smile:

I’d take a EuroTech, I drove a hired in one a few years back for Bookers Cash and Carry, I loved it too, I always asked for it when I arrived at work, it was WAY better then the Merc SK with the EPS boxes that they had on the fleet.

Very roomy cab but the build quality supposedly doesn’t really do very well in their latter years.

I say stick it out and get the best, go for the Magnum, you will be cursing yourself if you buy anything else.

Stuart

Hi Stuart

Good to see some advice coming from over the water too :slight_smile:

If i do manage to go the magnum route, it will make funds tighter for the build on the trailer, but a far better piece of kit at the end of it :open_mouth:

Or … do i buy a euroshed for £2000, a trailer for £1000 & still have £2000+ to convert the trailer :unamused: :unamused: The unit can always be changed - the trailer is likely to be more permanent.

Decisions Decisions … Maybe a magnum @ £3500 :laughing: :laughing:

HEY PAT … what’s your views ■■ Suppose the question is too difficult without a Scania in the equation :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Not at all…it would be sacrilege to use a 142 with a V8 for that :laughing:

I’d go down the Iveco route and save the max money for the conversion, for what you want to use it for, an Iveco would be the perfect tool and I have a mental picture in my mind of Donna trying to get into a Magnum :laughing:

Pat

Funny you should say that ! There’s a really cheap old 143/450 in truck trader, but i really think the V8 is overkill in the extreme :open_mouth: I’m all for going a bit OTT but anything with a 300+ is going to be a flyer at this sort of weight (& with no limiter :sunglasses: ). Tin 'at securely on now, waiting for the brigade :smiley:

As for Donna trying to climb into a magnum … poor little soul is only 5’2" she’ll get a nose bleed :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: Probably need a parachute to exit too :laughing:

Another option … saw a couple of Strato 325 with the eurotech type cab, I assume they are 325 ■■■■■■■ & twin splitter :question: anybody know for certain as these are silly cheap & with a ■■■■■■■ & eaton it’s gonna be like a bulletproof erf without the tupperware shell :bulb:

Thanks all those that are contributing, some good ideas coming out & it’s getting me thinking more :slight_smile: