Need somewhere to stay over night southwest

Evening all.
Im heading from Bedfordshire to Redruth Cornwall tomorrow. Once ive made my drop im going to be turning round and heading back.
Im obviously not going to make it back so having a night out. Aiming to get to Leigh Delamere services. But not holding out much hope of making it.

Are there any other truck stops between Redruth and Leigh Leigh delamere that i can use just incase i dont make it?
Dont fancy kipping in a lay bye. Did that once, didnt like it.

Cheers Rich

junction24ltd.co.uk/j24-truckstop/

Harry Monk:
J24 Truckstop – Junction24

Good place , stopped there once
Or what about M4 jct 17 Chippenham services

Smokey Joes Redruth:- smokeyjoesofcornwall.co.uk

Thanks chaps.
I’ll see how i get on.
6.5 hours from the yard to the drop and thats not accounting for holiday traffic etc.
At least i know i wont be sleeping in a lay bye.

Thanks again

Bedford to Redruth, on a bank holiday weekend, Friday? Don’t worry about parking up on the way home; worry about getting there.
Good luck! [emoji3]

Yeh, utter madness i know.
Looks like an early start for me tomorrow.

Rich T:

You should be all right if you aim to get there for late morning, it will get silly in the afternoon but you’ll be on the way back then.

Im hoping so.
Set off early tomorrow and head back early Saturday. Thats the plan.
Its been noticed by the staff at the place i collect from that i get all the fun stuff.
All experience i guess.

If you get to Redruth before you run out of time then I’d just call it a day at smokey Joe’s in Redruth after tipped and head back VERY early sat morning… I don’t envy your run at all. Good luck!

Sent from my Nokia 3.4 using Tapatalk

Harry Monk:

Rich T:

You should be all right if you aim to get there for late morning, it will get silly in the afternoon but you’ll be on the way back then.

All the campers have the same idea. M5 will be packed already.

as said, Smokey Joe’s but is limited parking there. You could also try Esso at Plusha, or opposite Shell garage at Sourton near Okehampton. Just past Oke there is a BP at top of hill with a few hgv spaces.

All above are free but if you’re not bothered about paid parking, from Cornwall to Bristol you have Victoria Services near Bodmin, Exeter, Cullompton, Taunton, Bridgwater, Sedgemoor and Gordano at Bristol.

Thanks all.

Set off at 4am and landed at 12.30 with the 45 minutes break in the middle.
Easy drive down, but the que’s leaving Cornwall are a sight to see. With 1hr30 (or 2hr30) left today and no chance of getting anywhere fast.
Ive just parked up at Smokey Joes.
Nice little place and a greasey spoon dinner later.
Going to head home very early in the morning.

Rich

Just a note to any nare do wells.
Already made the delivery.
The truck is EMPTY of goods.

wide-load85:
as said, Smokey Joe’s but is limited parking there. You could also try Esso at Plusha, or opposite Shell garage at Sourton near Okehampton. Just past Oke there is a BP at top of hill with a few hgv spaces.

All above are free but if you’re not bothered about paid parking, from Cornwall to Bristol you have Victoria Services near Bodmin, Exeter, Cullompton, Taunton, Bridgwater, Sedgemoor and Gordano at Bristol.

There used to be a big temporary structure at Sourton which did good meals.Last time I was there it had been replaced by a snack trailer.There is also a Subway/Costa Fortune type place adjacent to the petrol station.