Need some new audible books

Any recomendations for books similar to

Paul Carter
Don’t Tell Mum I Work on the Rigs: (She Thinks I’m a Piano Player in a Whorehouse)

As really enjoyed it, had me in stitches whilst driving, and now finished along with all his others but this one was the best…

Wondered if there’s any in the same style, that of humour bloke style (sorry to the woke brigade he’s full on old school mans man) and its based on his journey through a career on the rigs, and their escapades…if you’ve not read or heard it, everyone around I’ve told about has bought it and also said great read…

A HGV driver based one would great, if anyone knows one, or maybe one of you retired guys should write one, but make sure similar style…

The parts about their house adopted aggressive pot smoking monkey garenteed to get all chuckling… so that sort of style.

I always…

Enjoyed reading Bill Bryson’s books. A man with great observation and a sharp wit.

He’s available as an audio-book from you know who of course.

Have you looked on the librevox app,or is that what you are using…

Thanks will look into both suggestions, using Auible at moment, although paid for, last freebie app I tried ended up with no end of adverts etc, but will have a look regardless…

ta

Borrow Box app lets you borrow from your local library, there are lots of audiobooks it’s free (or that is you’ve already paid for it) and doesn’t have ads. From the BBC I listened to the series “Keeping the Wolf out” recently when I was doing early morning runs and the long boring bits just disappeared.
Am going to try “Don’t tell mum…” next

Just finished ‘Life under fire’ by Jason Fox. (aka ‘Foxy’ the guy off ‘SAS who dares wins’ reality show.)
A good read.
I only read auto and biographies myself.

Eric Rambler:
Borrow Box app lets you borrow from your local library, there are lots of audiobooks it’s free (or that is you’ve already paid for it) and doesn’t have ads. From the BBC I listened to the series “Keeping the Wolf out” recently when I was doing early morning runs and the long boring bits just disappeared.
Am going to try “Don’t tell mum…” next

Thanks for that just signed up[emoji106] needs a bit of advanced planning ( just reserved a book which will be available in June [emoji23])

A good addition to Libby (same idea, could use my same library card to log in)

robroy:
Just finished ‘Life under fire’ by Jason Fox. (aka ‘Foxy’ the guy off ‘SAS who dares wins’ reality show.)
A good read.

Its slightly different side of things, but a good biography I’m actually still listening to is
‘Marching Powder’ by rust young.
story of Thomas McFadden, a small-time English drug smuggler who was arrested in Bolivia and thrown inside the notorious San Pedro prison

robroy:

I’m not a big book reader but I can highly recommend Andre Agassi‘s biography “Open”. He was the long haired American tennis player in the 90’s.

I remember him winning Wimbledon and the difference in what we think and see on TV versus the chaos that is going through his head is absolutely amazing.

I was also enjoyed Tony Adams book a few years ago. England and Arsenal captain while ■■■■■■■ a serious alcoholic and we imagine these stars have the life of Reilly. His da was a truck driver.