Need some advice re: Failed first test

TruckerGuy:
Which roundabout was it?

Personally I would have just followed the first sign that said “town center”. If you end up in the wrong town center, that’s on the examiner. They know the routes backwards and inside out, so when they tell you to do this, they know exactly where they are and where they expect you to end up just following the signs.

It was an indepdent drive so I guess it would be on me for being useless :smiley:. I don’t know if I should mention the roundabout as it would identify the training school. But I was asked to follow signs to TOWN and I did all along the route until this roundabout. The exit needed said " Town Centre" and underneath the names of two towns I think plus their A road numbers. Not being from the area I ballsed it. Hey ho

TruckerGuy:

stu675:

Hussar:
On your next test if the signage gives you any doubt then ask the examiner for clarification.

On the independent drive, I’m guessing and don’t know for sure, I would assume that you cannot ask for advice. In that situation you would just take the exit for the lane you were in. Therefore you might get lost, but it would be safe. As long as it was not an illegal route for HGVs.

Correct. The examiner is off-limits during the test. You can ask for clarification (“this town center?”), but nothing more.

Yeah I think you’re correct - Although I said the signs not clear I think I need that one he didn’t respond. I looked over MIRRORS SIGNAL MIRRORS BLINDSPOT AND MANOEUVRE and moved right then again MSM and move left. I think it was 1 'o’clock on the clock position. But thats the Junction - turning right Serious. Like you said just carry on in the same lane even if wrong way.

I picked up a couple more minors on the way back because my heart just sank. It then leapt out of my chest when I heard the retest fee :confused: :open_mouth:

The examiner isn’t off limits during the test, they will absolutely offer clarification if you need it, but they won’t offer the same advice that your instructor would, after all it is a test :smiley:
Forward planning is key to a successful outcome, if you need to slow down slightly to enable good planning then so be it.
An examiner wants you to pass so you’ll go away and leave them in peace.