Need some advice please!

I was wondering if anyone can vouch for J Coates? , I spoke to them and they are based in Leicester but do training at Northampton as the Instructor would travel to there. Its just a yard they use in Moulton Ind Park , they do not have an office there in Northampton. :confused:

They said that their price for a Cat C is £1123 , 16hrs training , 1 to 1 , 4 days inc Test. ■■■ Drives are £42.
And
Price for Cat C+E. £1123 , 16hrs training , 1 to 1 , 4 days inc Test. ■■■ Drives are £42. ?

Does this sound good or Legit? And can they be trusted?

I really want to get an assessment drive booked if they are reliable today so if I could a quick reply I’d really appreciate this. :slight_smile:

Look at the new and wannabe section, someone has recommended them at some time in the list, but if you wait for an hour or two perhaps more info will appear.

Their price is their price. You have to judge the value by comparing them against other companies you have looked at. One of the purposes of an assessment is to let you know how much training you will need to reach test standard. It may be more than 16 hours or perhaps less than 16 hours. There is little point paying for an assessment if you know they are going to quote the same price anyway.

Many trainers offer either free assessment drives or else deduct the price of it from the course fee if you book with them. We prefer to offer them free without obligation as a means of building buyer confidence with the candidate.

Overall I would say Coates have a pretty good solid reputation built over many years, however it would be nice to meet the actual trainer you will be having for the course to get a feel for how you will get along.

Don’t forget to ask about the Initial CPC if you need that or perhaps ask if the training counts towards periodic training if you need that instead.

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=103196 - check out his blog link