Need help

Hi,

My name is Tibi Im from London and I just pass my C,C+E categories (also I have have ADR and CPC card) can you tell me were I should start to find a job as I struggling to do it. All the companies needs drivers with experience.

Try knocking on haulage company door, not just the big ones, but also the small ones where you might be talking to the owner.
You will get plenty of knock backs and when you’ve knocked on all the doors, start again and knock on their doors again.

It’s ■■■■, it’s demoralising, it’s easy to give up, but It does work.

Stobbart take on newly passed drivers find a depot near you phone them up

I’ve been keeping an eye on these forums for that very question and a lot which come up are Jewsons, Grahams (both might prefer HIAB) and skip companies. Talking to the drivers doing the latter, a lot don’t seem that happy, but think it depends if you’ve got ADR else you’ll only be able to do the more general ones.

Also Bidvest seem to be another who take on new drivers, although there are mixed reports about them, mostly related to the handballing the loads.

Finally, some agencies seem to be an option and reading between the lines, I doubt most really care how much experience you’ve got compared to what you tell them.

Get out there with your cv apply for places ignore the experience side of things as everyone needs drivers! if all fails go to agency they will sort you out :slight_smile:

It is a waste of time posting or emailing a cv to firms, they all ignore them, phoning is pointless too, make a visit to the firms, have some business cards printed to leave contact details.
Multi drop food and chiller firms take on new drivers along with building material suppliers.
Go on the Dvsa website under planning and applications pages to locate one man band hauliers to larger firms that you never knew existed on your patch.
When turned down with a job offer, don’t give up, keep going back, the day you do, a driver is off sick or sacked, the job is yours.

Thanks for your help guys… Today a was to a interview at SKYEX RESOURCING, do you know something about them ?
They are a good agency to start ?

Tibi:
Thanks for your help guys… Today a was to a interview at SKYEX RESOURCING, do you know something about them ?
They are a good agency to start ?

I have heard of them fella but not had any dealings with them, how did you get on?