Need help yellow line won't go on

I got the red airline on hardly any resistance, the yellow one just won’t go on, I’ve tried using my leg to help push my arm onto it but nothing just need to get the last 2mm before it clicks on

Sorted the collar doesn’t spring back it was as far as it would go ha ha ha gimp

If you’re having trouble getting the yellow on it may help a bit letting the parking brake in the unit off but make absolutely bloody sure the unit is properly coupled to the trailer and the trailer brake is on and remains so until the park brake in the unit is back on.

You can get little diddy tins of WD40 these days which are a worthwhile addition to a kit bag.

Own Account Driver:
If you’re having trouble getting the yellow on it may help a bit letting the parking brake in the unit off but make absolutely bloody sure the unit is properly coupled to the trailer and the trailer brake is on and remains so until the park brake in the unit is back on.

You can get little diddy tins of WD40 these days which are a worthwhile addition to a kit bag.

Cheers for the tip re park brake and wd, pulling reefers tho mate and we have to split couple, so it’s a big no, no to the brake off idea.

Or just pump the foot brake until you have no air then put the lines on. Safer than leaving brakes off. :slight_smile:

Hope this helps. :wink:

image.jpg

the maoster:
Hope this helps. :wink:

It won’t help at all if he’s not strong enough to unwrap it… :laughing:

split couple as per but leave the yellow until
its all connected
there no resistance so not too difficult

There wasn’t any ‘resistance’ as such, the line was on all along, I was expecting the collar to spring back and lock it in place like it usually does and it just stayed there, making me think it was air pressure holding it back. Lol

Drop of diesel around the held-back collar helps if you have no WD40.

Retired Old ■■■■:
Drop of diesel around the held-back collar helps if you have no WD40.

So does spit.

Never had such trouble in the old days :unamused: It’s only since they’ve started making the yellow line live so the unit hand brake also operates on the trailer brakes as well. Also the fitter was single handedly responsible for the oil shortage given the amount he used to squirt over the couplings (they always worked though)

First resort put the yellow line on before the red.

Second resort: spit or water or WD40 on the coupling or even just twisting it or try pushing it in and out a bit (but be careful no old ladies are watching)

Third Resort: Engine off and pump the brakes until the air drops down.

Absolute last resort. Trailer hand brake on Unit hand brake off; fit the yellow line, then back around and put the unit handbrake back on before connecting the rest of the lines.

Trailers with electronic brakes don’t need the yellow line, so how long will it be before they do away with them altogether, or not need to connect it?

You’re being silly, now. You’ll be trying to tell us they’ve landed on the moon and invented talking pictures next. :unamused: :wink:

Nipped the sealing “O” ring in the female C coupling.