Need help with weekly rest period

Hi, can anyone please help me out and tell me if this is legal or i am missing something.
Week one.
Mon-Fri 08.00-17.00
Sat 08.30-14.00
Sun OFF
Week two.
Mon-Fri 08.00-17.00
Sat-Sun OFF
Week three.
Mon-Fri 08.00-17.00
Sat OFF
Sun 08.30-14.00
Week four.
Mon-Fri 08.00-17.00
Sat-Sun OFF
Then start it all over again.

Week one.
Mon-Fri 08.00-17.00
Sat 08.30-14.00
Sun OFF = reduced weekly rest for week one of 42 hours with 3 to pay back
Week two.
Mon-Fri 08.00-17.00 = 3 hours paid back with one of the daily rests
Sat-Sun OFF = full weekly rest for week two
Week three.
Mon-Fri 08.00-17.00
Sat OFF = reduced weekly rest for week three of 39.5 hours with 5.5 hours to pat back
Sun 08.30-14.00 = 5.5 hours paid back with this daily rest
Week four.
Mon-Fri 08.00-17.00
Sat-Sun OFF = full weekly rest for week four
Then start it all over again

PERFECTLY LEGAL

Looks ok at a glance :grimacing:

Week 1, weekend rest reduced by 5 hours, Week 2, 45 hour rest taken and reduced rest from week 1 compensated for, week 3 rest reduced by 6.5 hours, week 4, 45 rest taken and reduced rest from week 3 compensated for, seems good to me.

Ok thanks for clearing i just thought that weekly rest counts up to sunday 24.00 and not till monday 08.00 because its a new week.Thats why i was not sure that its legal. Can anyone just confirm that. Thanks

This seems to be a new rumour that’s doing the rounds, that you have to complete 45 hours by midnight Sunday and anything after then doesn’t count. I’ve heard this before but it isn’t so. Otherwise, virtually everybody would be running illegally.

Thanks everyone for your help

Harry Monk:
This seems to be a new rumour that’s doing the rounds, that you have to complete 45 hours by midnight Sunday and anything after then doesn’t count. I’ve heard this before but it isn’t so. Otherwise, virtually everybody would be running illegally.

Could it be a confusion on the weekly rest being in 2 weeks can count as either but not as both.

ie, a weekly rest that goes sunday and monday can count in either week?

I’ve never heard anyone say that the weekly rest has to be completed by midnight Sunday before, but it doesn’t suprise me that it’s doing the rounds lol

waynedl:

Harry Monk:

Could it be a confusion on the weekly rest being in 2 weeks can count as either but not as both.

I’ve never heard anyone say that the weekly rest has to be completed by midnight Sunday before, but it doesn’t suprise me that it’s doing the rounds lol

Ridiculous theory. That would mean the roads would be empty by 3am on Saturday :laughing:

Wheel Nut:

waynedl:

Harry Monk:

Ridiculous theory. That would mean the roads would be empty by 3am on Saturday :laughing:

This sounds like a good plan for RDC rumours then :grimacing:

even though I’ve only just scratched the surface with regard to looking at the rules and regs surrounding hours, seeing posts like this freak me out! it might as well be written in hindu.

without doubt I’m going to struggle to get my head around this, and that worries me :confused:

Nah, it’s easy. You have to take a continuous 45 hour period off once a week, after a maximum of six shifts.

Every other week you can reduce this, down to a minimum of 24 hours. Whatever you reduce it by has to be compensated for later, by the end of the third week following.

So if you only have 38 hours off one weekend, you owe VOSA seven hours. You can add this to any nine-hour rest period. For example, if you had a 38 hour break at the weekend, and 16 hours off on Wednesday, then you would have paid your seven hours back.

the basics of it make sense I think, but it’s all the intricacies that I think I’ll struggle with. start times, end times, how many hours on duty, other work, POA, stuff like that - how it all ties together

I guess (hope) it’ll become clearer once I’m seeing it/doing it!

I’m sure it will. Others disagree but to my mind tachograph rules are hopelessly and unnecessarily complicated.

The weekly rest and payback thing is something I have trouble getting my head around. Didn’t realise you could pay it back on your daily rest periods. Thanks for that Harry.
Am I right in thinking it has to be paid back in a solid block, i,e if you owe three hours you would need a twelve hour rest.

knight:
The weekly rest and payback thing is something I have trouble getting my head around. Didn’t realise you could pay it back on your daily rest periods. Thanks for that Harry.
Am I right in thinking it has to be paid back in a solid block, i,e if you owe three hours you would need a twelve hour rest.

Yes, it is called en bloc and any compensation must be attached to a daily or weekly rest period of at least 9 hours