Need help with tyre pressure

Could anybody tell me what the correct tyre pressure is for a Leyland Daf 50 it’s a horsebox now. Since it has come back from it’s test it is a bit bouncy now.
Thanks for any info
[/quote]

ctyres.co.uk/sitemap/tyre_pressure_guide.htm

any good :question: :question:

Thanks Rog :wink:

did your mechanic change the tyre pressure or has it just happened…also 1 other thing to check on the daf has the cab locked back in place properly(I assume its a tilt cab)The dash light might not be on but they do sometimes only lock on 1 side causing a bouncy cab…

ROG:
Page Not Found

any good :question: :question:

no, all I got was

You have selected a proper tyre size Unfortuanately we are not able to give you an online price as we are currently updating many sizes in our database please Email us at

price ? should have been pressure
:unamused: :unamused: :unamused:

keithy:
Could anybody tell me what the correct tyre pressure is for a Leyland Daf 50 it’s a horsebox now. Since it has come back from it’s test it is a bit bouncy now.
Thanks for any info

what size tyres are they ?

did they do anything to the suspension for test ?

Hi Dennis tyre size is 255/70 R 22.5 they did not do anything to the suspension

Dennis try this for the tyre size

a2b-web.co.uk/tyre-pressure/

keithy:
Hi Dennis tyre size is 255/70 R 22.5 they did not do anything to the suspension

what pressure are they at the moment ?

assuming your plated weight is 15-17t , my uneducated non expert guess would be 80-90psi, but I expect to be shot down in flames very soon :wink:

I’ve got 315’s on my front axle which I run at 90-95 psi

Thanks Denis they were over 100 put the at 92 alot better still a wee bit bouncey but nothing like it was.

Jayeseastanglia is your man.

I will go with Dennis in the meantime 80 - 90

I had a look today in the workshop and it lists several diffrent pressures for diffrent bodys but dont list horsebox…
box body 90psi front…100psi rear
flat bed body 85psi front…100psi rear
fridge body 90psi front…90 psi rear

so i would put 90psi in the front and see what happens if its still bouncy it wont do any harm in lowering the fronts to 85psi but really you want to check the pressure on a cooler day or in the shade as heat will make the pressures go up.And alsi if you can try the lorry with a normal load on and see if any diffrence…

oh forgot dont go lower than 70psi otherwise the tyre could roll over onto the side wall in corners and will kill the side walls and risk of blowouts.more so when loaded…And also remember to stand to one side when inflating the tyres in case they blow out.

Thanks everyone for your help.