Need experiance!

Would there be any drivers in surrey that would be willing to let me join them for a day, im not asking for maoney, i passed my cat c friday, work is thin on the ground but i cant sit around any more so i though at least if i am out and about watching and learning it wouyld be a great benefit to me. Any ideas fellas??

i might say the same but instead of class 2 its class 1 for me and instead of surrey its west midlands for me, would also be nice if i could practise shunting a bit :wink: any takers?

You guys might be better asking such a question on the main PDF forum.

There are probs on you doing this - insurance being the main one.

But there is nothing to stop a company sending you out with one of their drivers for an ‘assessment’ :wink:

Call a few local companies and say you are prepared to double man a truck for a few days. ( For Free )

As this may help them out
Specially If a Shift is close on the max hours for 1 man …

Hope this helps…They may even pay you a few quid :wink:

26 years an Lgv Trainer:
Call a few local companies and say you are prepared to double man a truck for a few days. ( For Free )

As this may help them out
Specially If a Shift is close on the max hours for 1 man …

Hope this helps…They may even pay you a few quid :wink:

Top advice I have known people wind up with a full time job this way, but you wouldn’t want that would you

Thanks guys, im going out all day monday and prob the rest of the week till i get somewhere with it, fed up phoning, yo just know that your number is probably not even written down. So off i go monday, cv in hand. Will let you all know how i get on. thanks guys.

www2.army.mod.uk/rlcta/index.htm

worked for me

:wink:

same thing for me. i passed my class 2, 3 months ago and have had zilch luck gettin anywhere.
I am joined up with about 8 agencies but havent heard from them since…its disheartening and stressful as i aint as young as most new drivers, im in my late forties and am desperate to get out there…
arggggh!
:angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

Flipside:
http://www2.army.mod.uk/rlcta/index.htm

worked for me

:wink:

thats sounds like a good idea, so is it just a part time thing? can you ask to do only driving?

:smiley: :smiley: :smiley: Welcome p_m_c_aresenal :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

If you click the link in my signature or these truck pics

it will lead you to an index where you can access a lot more info which may be of use to you :smiley: :smiley:

BEFORE you book your training, READ THIS… - I suggest the trainee-to-be visits the training school, meets the head person(s) and has a quick look at the truck BEFORE parting with any money.

Recommended LGV training schools

THE DRIVER SHORTAGE IS AN ADVERTISING MYTH - Generally more drivers than jobs in the UK
Newbies - Jobs, Agencies & EXPERIENCE & Is this country short of drivers ?

FAQ forum for info on Posting Pics, Driver CPC, Getting 1st LGV Licence and much more…

p_m_c_aresenal:
i passed my class 2, 3 months ago

A belated…

:smiley: :smiley:

its is a part time thing, you put into it what you get out, as is with most things.

you do a shed load of driving within the Royal Logistic Corp, if you join as a driver, do not be persuaded into any other role i.e ration assassin

the only downside that goes with the TA is that at some point we may get compulsory mobilized,

You get to learn and do stuff not open to most people, and more importantly you will be able to say you have experience which you can back up.

Allot of RLC regular and TA drive in civvie street

the TA is great for training. If i was single i’d join. I know someone who even got trained for the great bit push me pull me rigs (whatever the real name is). Although he’s currently doing a 6 month stint in afganistan so i guess its swings and round abouts :confused: