Need advice

Ok basicly I’m doing my LGV 2 in two weeks. But I wanna know in general how hard will I find it to find that first job. My dad is a retired truck driver after 40 years and said you can earn a good living but i will have to do agency work for awhile

Easy-use your dads truck.

Depends where you are and if you can sell yourself

From London

How much do you reckon he costs Nick?

eagerbeaver:
How much do you reckon he costs Nick?

2 bob in old money

Lol. Not very charitable with your valuation mate considering its Easter.

eagerbeaver:
Lol. Not very charitable with your valuation mate considering its Easter.

So your off to church then to pray for forgiveness are you.
I might go to church for a pint an a spot of lunch. After all its just another religious con where churches pass the Mt plate :wink:

Just been at my church(golf club). F**ked the back 9 up. Im not happy. ■■■■■■■■ to charity and good will to all men yada yada.

you get out of it what you are willing to put into it. if you’re willing to go door to door every day and put in the time, you will get the work.

There are loads of agency jobs available, do every available driving job they give you, I delivered portaloos to porsches, when you finish each assignment, if you like it, ask them to ask for you, they usually like to have experienced drivers, so the more you do for one company, the more they’ll request you, then I found my current job, I was there as an agency driver earning £1 p/h less than the full timers, but paid virtually no tax as classed as temp contractor, I then went self employed through the agency, paid same as full timers, but sorted my own tax and stamp out, then after 10months, was handed a full time job with them…thus getting holiday , pension and sickness pay(if I ever need it) etc
Go for it