Need advice "tipper" guy's n gal's

Have you heard off or seen in action the new United Trailers “Aggreroll” semi trailer :question:
It is a new design of Tarmac/dry stone hauling trailer that does not need to tip to discharge its load as a heavy duty conveyer belt with the bulk head attached is turned with hydraulic motors from the rear and the load is emptied at a steady pace. It has already been demoed to RMC,Hanson and Lafarge and is going to Tarmac next,and I’m told its getting a very favourable reception from the H+S people at these companies.
One problem is the price of £39000!!! :open_mouth: which is a £9000 premium over a Full Tarmac specced new STAS Trailer.
My problem is I’ve been looking at a “contract haulier” position for Tarmac here in Northern Ireland but there are only 6/8 wheel tippers here because of the paraniod notion they have against tipping artics. I really want to run an artic ideally with minimum nights out,so when I showed them the advert from CM about this “Aggreroll” trailer they where very interested in it to say the least!!!.
Do you quarry tipper guy’s/gal’s think it will work reliably for up to 3/5 years :question: and what do you think of the general idea :question:

I have seen this idea on another website somewhere. But here is a link to show the idea. unitedtrailers.co.uk/page23.html
If it is a new design, maybe there will be some teething troubles, so if you were to go ahead, make sure you have the right lease maintenance plan, to hopefully cover breakdowns and repairs.

Has anyone ever dug out a manure spreader when the chains break? it takes hours upon hours. Imagine digging that out when the belt breaks

Ralliesport,
I don’t think it will be any bother at all as you would just raise the back door on its rams and get a track machine to pull the load out the raised door!!! :laughing: :sunglasses:

not that i know a lot about tippers but,
the questions i would ask myself are.

1. would i get more work with this type of trailer as opposed to a tipper to justify the extra nine grand purchase price.
    are there sites that you know of that ban artic tippers
  2. is this trailer lighter than a tipper, thus giving more payload, and earning more profit
  3. are the mechanical workings of the trailer proven technology wise, and how many repairers of this type of trailer in your area.
  4. how long is the trailers warranty, and does this include the drive belts for tipping.

9 grands a lot to claw back, and with the type of stuff Tarmac usually carry there shouldnt be a lot of bother with an artic anyway, when you think of the amount of ordinary tippers about the turnovers aint so many. Level ground, and keep the body clean is what we allways did and all went ok, even scrap, or wet spoil ect, stones a peice of ■■■■.

Andy

I’ve PM’ed you about this but from someone who does the job the short answer is no, never and don’t in that order :wink:

Just thought I’d post my views here for the lurking curious :smiley: