Need advice please

I have recently started new job 4 weeks ago did a weeks trial and passed with flying colours signed full contract now this week was made to sign temp contract till august with no answers why we have had to sign this temp contract if I would have know it was temp I would not have left my last job is all this legal

chambers33:
I have recently started new job 4 weeks ago did a weeks trial and passed with flying colours signed full contract now this week was made to sign temp contract till august with no answers why we have had to sign this temp contract if I would have know it was temp I would not have left my last job is all this legal

Probably some kind of probation period that will last for 3 months (i’m guessing) if so keep your head down and all will be fine and dandy.

But why wait 4 weeks after we signed the full contract to then change to temp with no answers ?

Sounds a bit off to me. If you’ve passed the trial period and signed a permanent contract, why then shove a temp contract under your nose? Any change to T’s & C’s?

Dunno what the work situation is like where you live but it sounds like a good time to be looking around to me!

Think about it; there’s no such thing as a permanent contract. Anyone can be given notice and off you go. So I wouldn’t worry about it.

Pete :laughing: :laughing:

chambers33:

This sounds a bit strange to me although these companies make these decisions at a drop of a hat… If it is worrying you it might be worth speaking to the citizens advice office or if you’re a member of a union contacting their office and speaking to someone.

Good luck…

I think I will look for something else thanks for all your help does anybody no of any jobs in the west mids let me no

It is legal. Some companys give out contracts that are only temp for a month every month. But this does not mean they are going to lay you off at the end of the contract. It could be due to a number of reasons. All it takes, is for a company to loose some contracts, then they have to many drivers, not much can be done about it.
Your best bet, is to speak to other drivers in the company, and see what contracts there on. If I was you, I would not worry about it, if you prove your a good worker, cant see any reason why they would lay you off.
You can go to another firm if your not happy, but I bet, you will end up in the same boat.

They have only done it to the 3 new drivers