Need advice on wages

He might be giving you the extra for getting the job done quick and getting the truck back to the yard so they can use it on the next shift,
instead of you hanging it out to get your hours in.
I have had this in the past :wink:

Surely you have to sign your time sheet too. Which in turn you’re agreeing to the hours which makes you also responseable.

However I would be inclined to let go!! :blush:

As I have said before, I wouldn’t personally bother.

At our office we get upto 100 agencies through the door per 24 hr shift. We round times up to the nearest 15 mins.

We also get ‘shot’ of drivers we don’t like with the click of a finger. One call to the agency and the driver will not return back to work for us.

Remember that the person signing the timesheet might one day get found out and you won’t be working with the Company either - just with a click of a finger.

Incidentally, one of our clerks got found out doing a similar thing. Rounding times up for their brother who was an agency driver. Guess who don’t drive for the Company anymore. It is far easier to get shot of an agency driver than a full time employee :wink:

Is it worth it? Only you can answer that question.

woodnights:
I totally understand what you are sdaying mark.

Connor you say it is solely the responsibility of the person signing the time sheet. Is this 100% correct or is this what you believe in your opinion. I kinna think it is the companies problem not mine. Im not the one making the mistake. I do my job competently and well this is why they keep asking me back, is it also my job to do the work of there staff and to check everything that they do s right. Im a bit lost on what to do. i kinna wish the person would stop doing it then i wouldn have to think about it. I would kinna feel a bit embarassed having to say to the person.

This is what I have put on my timesheets for my company:

“Client Declaration: I certify that the above number of shift hours have been undertaken and that payment will be made in respect of total shift hours according to the terms of business which I have received and accepted as the basis for this transaction.”

By signing the timesheet, the client is agreeing that those are the correct hours. The responsibility rests in the hands of the client employee who signs the sheet.

If you’ve been putting down the correct hours and they’ve been altering them then as far as I can see, that completely admonishes you from any guilt.

Conor:
“Client Declaration: I certify that the above number of shift hours have been undertaken and that payment will be made in respect of total shift hours according to the terms of business which I have received and accepted as the basis for this transaction.”

By signing the timesheet, the client is agreeing that those are the correct hours. The responsibility rests in the hands of the client employee who signs the sheet.

conor you beat me to it
because on a monday morning the info (breakdown of hours logged by drivers and costs) given to the agy by the client, will be tallyed by both the agy and client, and if the costs/hours match they agree its ok and the invoice is issued to the client
all the invoicing and spreadsheet info is usually dealt with by the backroom staff and not the peeps on the frontline in companies such as wincanton