Need a quick reply, much appreciated please!

Hi all,
So I’m pulled over on my 45 minute break ■■■■■■■■ myself, my dad drives for univar a chemical firm so normally id ask him but hes not answering his phone, been to Felixstowe thismorning, unloaded in freightliner Manchester, then went to maritime in Trafford park to drop the trailer and pick up a trailer, then turned up at Isotanks, theyve put 2 ISO tank containers on my skeleton trailer!

But they are both empty and clean! My question is as I don’t have my ADR licence can I still transport them to Liverpool docks?

Thanks in advance

great93:
Hi all,
So I’m pulled over on my 45 minute break [zb] myself, my dad drives for univar a chemical firm so normally id ask him but hes not answering his phone, been to Felixstowe thismorning, unloaded in freightliner Manchester, then went to maritime in Trafford park to drop the trailer and pick up a trailer, then turned up at Isotanks, theyve put 2 ISO tank containers on my skeleton trailer!

But they are both empty and clean! My question is as I don’t have my ADR licence can I still transport them to Liverpool docks?

Thanks in advance

I should say I don’t do ADR but I’m certain the answer I’ve given is correct, I’d normally leave an ADR question to other people but as you need a quick reply …

As long as they’re empty you can carry them, it’s just another load to be delivered.

You only need an ADR ticket if you’re transporting hazardous goods, which you are not.

Cheers mate, the fella here doesn’t think I need ADR to carry an empty aswell but, I need to be sure.

Just for the future, as the tanks are empty and have been CLEANED means you can transport them without an ADR License, but if on the other hand they were just empty but NOT clean then you WOULD need an ADR License as technically they still have product inside which could be Hazardous.

I have this problem every week, i carry Chemicals and some times i pull tankers full of gas (Co2), i can go across the Dartford Bridge with my full load of Gas (Co2), tip a full load in Kent, so i am empty, but i cannot come back through the Dartford Tunnel as technically i still have product on that could be Hazardous, so i have to drive the long way round the M25 and we all know how thankless that is.

Hope this helps.

That clears it up for me, cheers mate

I could have this incorrect but I seem to remember from a talk with our own ADR dieseldave that the tanks must be professionally cleaned and have paperwork stating such = BUT NOT CERTAIN

Rocketman:
Just for the future, as the tanks are empty and have been CLEANED means you can transport them without an ADR License, but if on the other hand they were just empty but NOT clean then you WOULD need an ADR License as technically they still have product inside which could be Hazardous.

Hi Rocketman,

You have this correct. :smiley:

Rocketman:
I have this problem every week, i carry Chemicals and some times i pull tankers full of gas (Co2), i can go across the Dartford Bridge with my full load of Gas (Co2), tip a full load in Kent, so i am empty, but i cannot come back through the Dartford Tunnel as technically i still have product on that could be Hazardous, so i have to drive the long way round the M25 and we all know how thankless that is.

Hope this helps.

You’re slightly off beam with this though…

The ADR tunnel code for your CO2 (is it UN 2187■■) is (C/E) [nothing to do with driving licence category C+E :wink: ]
That means that you can’t go through Dartford tunnel and whether you’re loaded or empty makes no difference, but it’s nothing to do with “product on that could be hazardous” because CO2 is always counted as dangerous when carried in a tanker, unless it’s cleaned and purged as you pointed out above.

The thing that makes you go the long way round is the fact that Dartford tunnel is a Category “C” tunnel.
You couldn’t use any of the tunnels in London either, cos they’re Category “E”, which is even lower than the Dartford tunnel’s Category.

great93:
… But they are both empty and clean! My question is as I don’t have my ADR licence can I still transport them to Liverpool docks?

Hi great93,

Other posters have beaten me to this one… :frowning:

But they’re correct.
If a tank (or tanks) are empty and clean, that’ll be stated on the paperwork, so you’re good to go and WITHOUT an ADR licence.

Mystic Dave says… I think your dad either just re-did his ADR licence, or is about to re-do it next month.
How’s that for a guess? :wink: :grimacing:

Wow what a guess haha, yes it’s his last day tomorrow, tanks and packages bit, plus he only needs 7 more hours towards his CPC aswell…

All paid for by univar his work ! Jammy b******

great93:
Wow what a guess haha, yes it’s his last day tomorrow, tanks and packages bit, plus he only needs 7 more hours towards his CPC aswell…

All paid for by univar his work ! Jammy b******

That’ll be why he didn’t answer his phone then… it was probably switched off for the exams.

BTW, I’ve nipped into your OP and rotated two of the pics so I can stand my lappy the right way up now. :smiley:

All part of the service!! :grimacing: :wink:

Errrrm… How the hell do you know haha he’s doing his training with transchem in Warrington a fella called Karl :slight_smile:

and thanks, iPhone keeps uploading the pictures the wrong way :confused:

great93:
Errrrm… How the hell do you know haha he’s doing his training with transchem in Warrington a fella called Karl :slight_smile:

and thanks, iPhone keeps uploading the pictures the wrong way :confused:

Let’s just say that I’ve done some ADR training for drivers and managers on the Univar contract. :wink:

Oh yeah, I’ve just seen your from Elsmere port over the water from me, yeah my dad done his last few ADR courses over there.

You probably won’t remember him but his name is Simon dowd