Need a decent company to work for in hull! help

Hi all I’ve recently passed my class 1 and currently work for d&p but things aren’t looking to great at the mo.can anyone recommend a decent firm to work for.ive applied at bill drapers and r t keedwells anyone worked for these companies. If so what they like to work for.cheers

Keedwells are crap. Pay is utterly disgusting. At one point they were paying minimum wage. Canute took over the JWE contract on Hull docks doing timber and they’re not too bad and are looking for drivers. There’s also Cool Solutions, Cranswick Country Foods and Ceva. Jobs not too bad but the pay is nowt to shout about but that’s the case in Hull for pretty much most places.

If you want to earn decent money you need to look for work outside of Hull. Go to Goole and it goes up £2/hr but you’re looking at agency mostly for Stobarts running out of Tesco at Goole but you’re looking at over £10/hr with guaranteed minimum shifts and there’s lots of work there.

Thanks for the advice I did get offered a job at Musgrave but was very disappointed with the pay and fleet of trucks.

Is longs of leeds any good

Harrison Solway are good to work for, I worked for them for 2 years and they where brilliant, decent kit, not bad pay…avoid D&P, I had major problems with them, their entire attitude stunk, if you want to know more PM me…

bazza0385:
Is longs of leeds any good

Crap wages. Job is easy enough - mostly timber and paper.

Wouldn’t mind the same question answering, decent companies in the Telford area, had enough of general haulage, multi drop work

That would do me that.ive done alot of timber work out of Tilbury ect ect. Dont fancy cab hopping tho .do you get your own unit at longs

Potter can you pm me with some info please cheers

could someone post the contact details for Canute Hull please, I have tried to find them but failed miserably, thank you in advance. :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

How far are you willing to travel?

If you mean me about 40 miles from Scunthorpe.

lots of places in Immingham.

Maritime looking for drivers in Immingham

They are no decent class one jobs in Hull… Only joking they will be some but half the time you get given a brand new wagon and a crap wage! I’m doing my class one but I’m going to stay working where I am, £9.00 ph plus monthly bonus that’s with just my cat c license…

Avoid Herons… They can’t keep there staff

tezza:
Maritime looking for drivers in Immingham

What are they like to work for? I’ve taken an instant dislike to them in their shiny new trucks, always slowing me down.

bazza0385:
That would do me that.ive done alot of timber work out of Tilbury ect ect. Dont fancy cab hopping tho .do you get your own unit at longs

Yeah drivers are on their own units. It’ll get used by agency when you’re on holiday though and I think the odd ones get used on nights.

Blunder Man:
could someone post the contact details for Canute Hull please, I have tried to find them but failed miserably, thank you in advance. :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Just go knock on the door. Its on King George Dock near 19 shed I think.

You could ring the Jewson Timber Terminal which is where they run from and where their office is. I’m sure they have the number or it may actually be the same number:

01482 713434

My Cousin is on for Middlegate Europe, dont know about pay etc but he seems happy.
He has been there about 12 months so cant be that bad . Dont know if they are taking on.

Spoke to Canute, nothing at the moment, and its all on days or tramping, prefer nights, if anyone is interested Thomas Bell in Brigg are looking for drivers very nice people, days with one or two nights out @£22, BRAND NEW Volvo, £10.50 per hour all hours, but you need class 5 ADR as they carry fertilizer, ring 01652 600690 ask for Alison.