Nedexco trailers

after seeing the nedexco thread on here, and chatting to one of the members that knew where 2 trailers had been abandoned. i spoke to my old boss, who i knew was on the lookout for some newish fridges.
he knows a solicitor in holland that can deal with the recievers/leaseholders etc. we decided that he could get a prety good deal by buying them before they are shipped back to holland.
anyway this isn’t going to happen, as the two trailers we were thinking about have gone.
so, if you spot any, can you let me know? thanks.

What about your new boss at Nolans he might be interested too.

bald bloke:
What about your new boss at Nolans he might be interested too.

like i’ve said before. i did a couple of trips for them, got paid on time, had no problems, but i’ve come home to look after my missus.
i don’t think nolans would be interested in buying outright, they probably lease, just like all the big players.

Good plan, i can sell you a few trls that belong to a leasing company if you want…The big companys dont own anything any more, the trucks were leased off volvo trls probably belong to tip or some such company, i wouldnt have thought they would be pleased to find someone selling there property…

Errr no have you seen Nolans patchwork fleet? They don’t lease, they buy anything that’s cheap and run it into the ground. Which isn’t a bad idea really. They buy a lot of new too though.

switchlogic:
Errr no have you seen Nolans patchwork fleet? They don’t lease, they buy anything that’s cheap and run it into the ground. Which isn’t a bad idea really. They buy a lot of new too though.

unusual for such a big outfit.

Indeed but then Nolans is a very unusual outfit. Leasing isn’t so big in Ireland. Companies like to own their equipment over there. So I reckon if you find a Nedexco trailer borrow a unit and get it to Pembroke and Seamus would probably pay you cash for it :slight_smile:

switchlogic:
Indeed but then Nolans is a very unusual outfit. Leasing isn’t so big in Ireland. Companies like to own their equipment over there. So I reckon if you find a Nedexco trailer borrow a unit and get it to Pembroke and Seamus would probably pay you cash for it :slight_smile:

i knew someone would think on them lines, but i was thinking of doing everything completely legal, and above board.

Come on Phil you of all people know that legal is boring! STEAL IT!

I know some of nolans motors look rough but they must be ok mechanically as I’ve seen 01 and 02 motors over in France.

kr79:
I know some of nolans motors look rough but they must be ok mechanically as I’ve seen 01 and 02 motors over in France.

I’m not so sure with the amount of prohibitions they pick up in UK for maintenance issues

kr79:

lol.

limeyphil:

switchlogic:

i knew someone would think on them lines, but i was thinking of doing everything completely legal, and above board.

Well contact Schmitz then, Nedexco leased their trailers from them.

del trotter:

limeyphil:

switchlogic:

the point is to buy them before they go back, this will save them and us a whole load of money. (no shipping, and haulage costs) and (much less admin). which as everyone knows, is highly inflated in these circumstances.
and what will schmitz have to do with it? the deal has to go through the official receiver first.
so, thanks for the intellectual input. :unamused:

limeyphil:

del trotter:

limeyphil:

switchlogic:

the point is to buy them before they go back, this will save them and us a whole load of money. (no shipping, and haulage costs) and (much less admin). which as everyone knows, is highly inflated in these circumstances.
and what will schmitz have to do with it? the deal has to go through the official receiver first.

Schmitz are still creditors though and you can bet they will want the trailers back to inspect them, repair them and measure the tyres and put in a claim to the official receiver, even though they wont get paid, they will be able to post a loss for tax. That is how it would work in the UK, however Holland and Germany may well have more serious tax laws.

Wheel Nut:

limeyphil:

del trotter:

limeyphil:

switchlogic:

Schmitz are still creditors though and you can bet they will want the trailers back to inspect them, repair them and measure the tyres and put in a claim to the official receiver, even though they wont get paid, they will be able to post a loss for tax. That is how it would work in the UK, however Holland and Germany may well have more serious tax laws.

the dutch system mirrors ours, everything has to go through the same system. receiver first, then everyone gets shafted.

limeyphil:
… i was thinking of doing everything completely legal, and above board.

:open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

Has the world shifted on its axis? :wink:

Coffeeholic:

limeyphil:

Nah, it’s just that Health & Safety requires him to keep the illegal immigrants warm now. :wink:

Coffeeholic:

limeyphil:

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

limeyphil:

del trotter:

limeyphil:

switchlogic:

The trailers are leased from Schmitz, ergo they own them not Nedexco or the official receiver, therefore to buy them you would have to talk to Schmitz as they are their property.
Thank ■■■■ you’re the intellectual… god help this country. :unamused: