NEDEXCO Info

I no Sandy Is the man to see but can any one give me a run down of the job.hours and wage

do a search mate your find out i think there was a thread not so long back about them :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses:

Moneys not that great, (depending on what you call good i suppose!) £450 take home per week last i heard (off one of their drivers)

Right…

Its 525 take home, you must live in or near Wisbech. or along the M20/M25 Kent side.

I live at most…1.5 hours from chunnel and thats no good.

Need secure parking for truck, you will have to go to truck to check fridge to make sure the “chips” aint defrosted, twice a day at weekends.

And…and, an ex driver said to me…you can get a second digi card cheap in Holland too!!! What does that say?

Dont shoot the messenger!

Koop:
Right…
Ok That tells me a lot cheers

are they still doing brake brothers contract?

scaniav8power:

No,they lost that in November.Nedexco also made 7 Brits redundant in the 1st week of the new year.

And…and, an ex driver said to me…you can get a second digi card cheap in Holland too!!! What does that say?

hasnt changed then…

jool:

scaniav8power:

No,they lost that in November.Nedexco also made 7 Brits redundant in the 1st week of the new year.

are right thought so. someone said SMS a british company are doing it now? never heard of them personally but must be fairly big to take that job on?

SMS are based in Kent and I heard money is SH*T, was looking at joining them but glad I never.

Nedexco driver I was talking to on Friday in Newcastle lives in Tyneside, my map reading skills are telling me that is a long way from BOTH Wisbech and M20/M25 areas.

scaniav8power:

jool:

scaniav8power:

are right thought so. someone said SMS a british company are doing it now? never heard of them personally but must be fairly big to take that job on?

Are SMS the courier company?

I worked for Nedexco for 1.5 years and i think a few things need setting straight.
I found it to be one of the easiest jobs going…they do push you a bit when things are busy but if you stand firm and say “i aint running bent” they respect you for that, if you do it once they expect it all the time. They do not and will not provide you with a second card. Sandy no longer deals with the english drivers, everything is dealt with by Jane at AGS. They farmed out the Brakes contract as it was not paying and yes SMS based in Dover are doing it now, they struggled to cope with it at first but have plenty of new units and trailers now.
The only reason i left was i was offered a job with a Belgian guy for more money doing Italy, was quite happy at Nedexco. Unfortunately, as is the case with my luck, the guy laid me off on January 1st after only 4 weeks. Called Nedexco straight away but not taking on at the moment. A day later i got a call saying they had laid 7 drivers off. Wage when i left was approx £515 a week take home guaranteed. You do not have to live in south east area although it helps as getting lifts home for holidays caused them problems a while back. You do not need to have secure parking either, i used to park mine in a layby near my home, and i never went to check the fridge, but i also did not have any problems there.
Lots of rumours go round about Dutch operators and i am sure years ago they were true but Nedexco are more or less running legal now as 99% of their trucks are digi. The only Dutch company that still has issues AFAIK are HSF.
Hope this clears a lot of things up for you guys, i know if and when things start to pick up ii will not hesitate to call them about a job :laughing:

Must be picking up a mate of mine started with them on Monday

Wheel Nut:

scaniav8power:

jool:

scaniav8power:

Are SMS the courier company?

Yep the very ones that stated in a big 2 page article in CM that they are proud to use Foriegn drivers due to operational benefits.

scaniav8power:

jool:

scaniav8power:

I think this SMS crowd are also known as Time Critical International