Nearly lost my truck on a farm lol

well the subject says it all. ive been driving a concrete mixer for about 6 months 1st driving job so still getting to grips with most things. i dont really trust banksmen after that situation. my fault aswell as it had been raining didnt check the muddy surface thought it would be fine so i reversed off the track to get onto site for the machine the guy waved me back watching my mirrors and camera evrything was fine until the back end of the truck just tipped to the right and the front raised off the ground a little. good job i stopped the drum before i sank otherwise goodbye truck lol managed to get the load off and get pulled out. most sites dont really care about health and saftey. so from now on if i dont think its safe to go up to their machine their machine will have to come to me where i know its safe to unload. any other mixer drivers got similar situations to share?

Had a few close ones with a beavertail Hiab, luckily I’m only likely to get bogged down rather than roll over but I’m more likely to have a crack if there’s something big that could pull me out of trouble. Just remember that you’ll soon be on your own if it all goes ■■■■ up.

“Oh, I thought that’d have been OK” is not much of a consolation for a motor on it’s side with a load of damage and a big bill for recovery.

i had been on that same the day b4 this happened but came in a diff way. really the guys on site should check b4 having deliverys like this. but hey learn by your mistakes and i certainly have. lol

I’m on general haulage and occasionally venture to building sites, after 2 experiences of security and a myriad of hard hatted experts that knew better, amazing how quickly peeps disappear when your almost in the ■■■, the telehandler now comes to me or it goes back. Oh and he starts unloading within 30 minutes too or same applies.

Look out for the rubble on the off side!! It’s usually a dead giveaway they’ve dumped it in a hollow! ! and the ground tilts away off the main track as well. If in doubt get out and take a look :smiley: some banksmen are good , but some are really more of a hindrance, they tend to vary :sunglasses:

8wheels:
“Oh, I thought that’d have been OK” is not much of a consolation for a motor on it’s side with a load of damage and a big bill for recovery.

That’s what I thought last night BEFORE I rang the TM to check that the Merc I was driving could cope with 3ft deep ford…

His scream of expletives from across the room and then into the phone from the guy that passed the message was encouragement to find another way :wink: