Nearly 2 years work

in here…

Kindle, I was gonna say that it constituted 2 years of ‘on the road with metal bands’, until I saw Take That!

I would imagine it’s been interesting, but having watched Spinal Tap so many times I wore the tape out, is it really just a professional and sanitised routine these days? I reckon the ‘old’ days in the 70’s, when trucking and roadying seemed to be a passport to excess and glamour, must have been good fun - I imagine you don’t get the chance to get close to the band do you? Or have you ever managed a night on the JD with Lemmy■■?

nice pic Kindle :slight_smile: Get me in there on your next trip please :wink:

I can only see half a photo, because of the stupid ad border. :unamused:

DAFMAD:
I can only see half a photo, because of the stupid ad border. :unamused:

well theres a little tiny bit missing off the edge of mine that I can see if I view the image seperatly, but the picture frame is all there normally

sorry dafmad i can see the full pic as well and on a laptop

neil46:
sorry dafmad i can see the full pic as well and on a laptop

me too :laughing: :wink:

looks good carl.

take that, george micheal and the siser sisters, huh you think you know someone ! :open_mouth:

From the stories ive been told by older drivers, the job nowadays isnt quite the same as it used to be, but it still is a great life. Sometimes you can ‘get close’ to the band, it depends how big their ego’s are! Our driver who does Motorhead is very good friends with the band, and, i imagine has had a few shots with Lemmy on his time off.
Chutney, i know youre jelous cos they are the bands you wanted to do!

whos laminate is the one top right with a gimp mask??..

:open_mouth: Blimey someone’s junked the ad border, I can see whole photos. :smiley: Hooray.

euromat:
whos laminate is the one top right with a gimp mask??..

top left(with the gimp mask) is Red Hot Chilli Peppers, then the tour laminate for Metallica, then Metallica in Portugal, Greece, and Wembley (live earth07)
next row Scissor sisters, The Police, Take That, Strictly Come Dancing, Motorhead
next row tour laminate for Whitesnake, Whitesnake in Finland, Sweden, Bulgaria, Austria
next row, Whitesnake in Turkey, George Michael in Earls Court, George Michael in Copenhagen, Dancing On Ice, and last but not least
The Mighty Boosh… 11 tours altogether, not that i did 11 complete tours thou! The Motorhead one was when me and another driver had to take a unit out solo to Berlin, as the one the driver was in had broken down.

some cool tours there carl!

Lets get cracking on board two now Carl, with plenty of pictures and diaries please.

Andy smg:
Lets get cracking on board two now Carl, with plenty of pictures and diaries please.

im starting my next big tour next week mate, camera is ready!!!

Looking forward to it mate. Where is this wonderful job taking you to this time then ?