Near miss !!!!

Today I collected from a place near Cape Cod for Cascades in NY. As I drove into the town of Waterford and turned left onto route 4 north James of Kinderhook came the other way I recognised him but he didn’t notice me because I was not in my own truck, I called him on the CB with no response, then phoned him to tell him he was blind :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:
He had just loaded out of Cascades, :exclamation: :exclamation: If I had been 30 minutes earlier we could have had a cuppa :laughing: :laughing: What a small world we live in :slight_smile:

So, tell us about that replacement truck you have…

Monday I used my Mate’s Frieghtliner Columbia, with a big Cat under the hood, it is 3 months old and has the large condo cab,… not a patch on my Volvo :cry:
Tuesday and untill mine gets back I have the use of a year old Frieghtliner Comumbia with a 500 Detriot and a 10 speed fuller box, this truck is seen as nothing but trouble in our company and no one wants to drive it full time because it breaks down a lot, it has the small low line sleeper. I have to say the after just one day, and cleaning it out etc I was very impressed with it, it pulls like a train, is very smooth and has the best gear shift of any truck I have driven stateside, … I can actually say that if asked by the company if I would like to keep it I would be very tempted were it not for the smaller sleeper.
:exclamation: :exclamation: :exclamation:

Then again when I think of it … it doesn’t compare to my Volvo with a 500 ■■■■■■ and a 13 speed box, … and of course extreem comfort :slight_smile:

hey pat, i just jumped into one of those columbia’s for the week. it’s a penske rental with a 500 detroit and eaton 10 spd. The fuel gauge doesn’t work, i’ve had the computer shut the engine off for no reason, and i think this truck rides a bit rough. it’s safe to say that i’m not a fan of the columbia. i’ll be happier when my truck gets out of the shop.

The one I used monday was new with a 500 cat and a twib sleeper, … not a good ride :cry:
Since then I have had the use of a year old one with the 500 detriot, but the smaller one man sleeper, I have to say it rides really well :exclamation: I got on the NY thruway at exit 47 this morning after loading on Leroy NY and took it up to 68 mph then switched the cruise on and didin’t touch anything other than the steering wheel and the ciggy lighter till exit 27 (3 hours later) it pulls like a train :laughing:

The Black Frieghtliner.