Near impossible red airline

In fairness guys I can usually manage to push them on with one hand but when it beat me the hose used to get kinked, I’ve since put a set of taps on which solves all the problems :slight_smile:

kernan_d:
In fairness guys I can usually manage to push them on with one hand but when it beat me the hose used to get kinked, I’ve since put a set of taps on which solves all the problems :slight_smile:

I take it your joking about the taps as it’s been illegal to have them fitted for some time.

I’ve had taps fitted on every truck I have driven and have been stopped and looked over and nobody has ever made comment or objection, they are not obvious to view and are attached behind A frame so as to not entangle with the lines.

quite frankly its near impossible because you make it near impossible :unamused:

Coffeeholic:

kevmac47:
A simple solution, make sure the trailer handbrake is set, drop the handbrake off on the unit, the airline should now be able to be fitted as there won’t be the pressure through the valve. BUT!!! make sure you reset the handbrake BEFORE you release the trailer handbrake Regards Kev. As usual on here abuse seems to take precedence over advice from the “professionals” who know everything.

That’s the near perfect solution to the airline not going on issue, do this and usually the airline will go on no problem.

The people saying it is dangerous/stupid etc clearly haven’t read the post properly where it says - “make sure the trailer handbrake is set” and “make sure you reset the handbrake BEFORE you release the trailer brake.”

I couldn’t even begin to count the number of times I’ve coupled up with the trailer brake on and the park brake off with no issues at all over a twenty odd year period.

What the hell difference does it make to the red line if the hand valve is on or off?

Bking:

Coffeeholic:

kevmac47:
A simple solution, make sure the trailer handbrake is set, drop the handbrake off on the unit, the airline should now be able to be fitted as there won’t be the pressure through the valve. BUT!!! make sure you reset the handbrake BEFORE you release the trailer handbrake Regards Kev. As usual on here abuse seems to take precedence over advice from the “professionals” who know everything.

That’s the near perfect solution to the airline not going on issue, do this and usually the airline will go on no problem.

The people saying it is dangerous/stupid etc clearly haven’t read the post properly where it says - “make sure the trailer handbrake is set” and “make sure you reset the handbrake BEFORE you release the trailer brake.”

I couldn’t even begin to count the number of times I’ve coupled up with the trailer brake on and the park brake off with no issues at all over a twenty odd year period.

What the hell difference does it make to the red line if the hand valve is on or off?

wonder what happens if the trailer has dumped its air? as can remember a few from P&O which ran away when trying to couple up (but cant remember if they had park brakes or not). :blush:

Is there a castell on it?

Dipper_Dave:
Putting the yellow on first can help but if your not man enough to put the red airline on you shouldnt be driving the truck until such a time that you have the muscle power to cope.

I know a couple of female drivers who could give you a thick ear but may have trouble with the effort required to get the red to connect… they are as capable as the rest of us… but just don’t have the brute strength.

Trukkertone:

Dipper_Dave:
Putting the yellow on first can help but if your not man enough to put the red airline on you shouldnt be driving the truck until such a time that you have the muscle power to cope.

I know a couple of female drivers who could give you a thick ear but may have trouble with the effort required to get the red to connect… they are as capable as the rest of us… but just don’t have the brute strength.

so doesn’t that mean they are unsuitable for the job if it involves coupling/uncoupling? :stuck_out_tongue:

Trukkertone:

Dipper_Dave:

I think it’s just practice and technique, I struggled a couple of times in the first week but it’s a knack I find, you just have to find the right way for you and that vehicle. These days I can do 5/6 trailer swaps in a day with no trouble touch wood

Turn off engine on unit and pump brake pedal to release the air then airline will go on no problem. :smiley: