Near death experiences!

Well off topic but anyway…

I’m reading a book on my Kindle at the moment by a bloke called Eben Alexander. I’m not that far into it at the moment, however the gist of it is I gather that he ended up in intensive care for a week after contracting meningitis. During this time he describes in the book that he witnessed several things whicch have convinced him there is a heaven :open_mouth:

All very well you might say, however this bloke is a well respected neuro-surgeon - not the sort of person who would admit to believing in this sort of stuff. I reccommend this book even as a skeptic of this sort of thing myself, however what do fellow Truckneter’s believe?

Is there anything else after we kick the proverbial?? :confused:

There are lots of highly qualified and respected people who practice Religion of one sort or another. I believe that there is something else after we shrug off the mortal coil.Perhaps hope and faith are part of the human condition.

When one person has an imaginary friend, he’s nuts.
When lots of people have one, it’s religion.

I believe in the power of suggestion.
So many people say/believe in your life flashing before your eyes when the time comes. I think that because so many people have said this, that we have conditioned ourselves subconsciously to do this when we die. A bit like a ‘game over’ sequence when you finish a computer game.

So many people have reported rising out of their bodies, and watching what is going on, particularly when they’re close to their last knockings in a hospital bed. I remember reading that there was a simple experiment, where they put pictures face up on high shelves and cupboards etc, to see if these people could describe them afterwards, which would give a lot of weight to their reports. Haven’t heard whether the study has reported anything as yet though.

Valhalla, to join Odin, That’s where I’m going ! :smiley:

scaniason:
So many people have reported rising out of their bodies, and watching what is going on, particularly when they’re close to their last knockings in a hospital bed. I remember reading that there was a simple experiment, where they put pictures face up on high shelves and cupboards etc, to see if these people could describe them afterwards, which would give a lot of weight to their reports. Haven’t heard whether the study has reported anything as yet though.

I seem to remember hearing that they did not see anything but not promising this to be true :neutral_face:

So when someone’s about to die, they’re going to do an expirement with it?? that has to be America surely??