Navigation devices

Still rely on my Navigator for the bones of the route , satnav is mainly used for approx timings, thought the 5250 isnt too bad in the grand scheme of things.

robroy:
Bridge height map and basic sat nav… as a guide only!
What more do you need ffs. :unamused:
Could not be arsed with latest tech over the top stuff mentioned, I’d get nothing done if I checked out every ■■■■ and cranny en route to every drop.
I’m an (old style) truck driver making deliveries not a [zb] astronaut navigating his mission to infinity and beyond. :unamused:
I’ve only started using sat nav in last few years :blush: . ( wouldn’t be without it now though :smiley: )

There was no need to get so angry… :wink:

Old style map for route planning with truck nav as backup.

switchlogic:

robroy:
Bridge height map and basic sat nav… as a guide only!
What more do you need ffs. :unamused:
Could not be arsed with latest tech over the top stuff mentioned, I’d get nothing done if I checked out every ■■■■ and cranny en route to every drop.
I’m an (old style) truck driver making deliveries not a [zb] astronaut navigating his mission to infinity and beyond. :unamused:
I’ve only started using sat nav in last few years :blush: . ( wouldn’t be without it now though :smiley: )

There was no need to get so angry… :wink:

I know, I really should control myself :smiley:

I use the map that’s drawn in the dirt on my barn doors, can be a pain getting out and checking it from time to time.

I’ve got a tomtom truck nav but it hasn’t seen the light eh day for years cannae be arsed carting it about and plugging it in.

If I don’t know where I’m going a use a combination of google maps, Google satilliete and Google sat nav for the last mile or so. I’m lucky I was born wae keen sense eh direction, I can kinda sniff out a delivery point.

Also got a mate on the other end of the phone called Matt, or as I call him Mattnav. Guy is incredible with his street knowledge. Knows everywhere and anywhere!

Paper maps and Google maps on the laptop, don’t have a sat nav and never will!!!

Why do some drivers have to try and make out they are such hard men they dont need to use a sat nav

villa:
Why do some drivers have to try and make out they are such hard men they dont need to use a sat nav

Well it’s probably true that’s why, we have drivers in our place who never have used a sat nav they do tend to be the more older experienced drivers though.

villa:

Errr …maybe it’s the ones that done the job for ■■■■■■ years before they were invented…, and seemed to get on ok without going off the edge of the planet.
Whether that makes us/them ‘hard men’ :unamused: is your interpretation mate not mine/ours :bulb: :smiley:

tom tom hgv and common sense.

oh and if it counts a hgv bridge map which was a hand me down from when I first started driving dated 1986! still does the job on the whole.

id like to see google implement truck routes into there maps, for cars there mapping is a lot better then tomtom / garmin / navman etc also with the live updates keeping you moving.

i’v got a truck sat nav and a philips bridge height paper map and i use both too cross reference the route incase of summat happening last minute

Aponia on windows phone haven’t used a paper map since 2005 [GRINNING FACE WITH SMILING EYES]