National TruckNet spotters day?

Hey everyone, I have an idea…

I was just thinking about some sort of thing we could all do. Perhaps just for one day we could all put a sign on the front of our trucks so we can all see who is on truck net. I for one often look at trucks and wonder if the driver goes on truck net.

I was thinking of something along the lines of an A4 sheet of paper with a letter or something on it. ummm like [ZB]? lol So we would all know what it meant but for those that didn’t go on truck net would start to wonder why all of a sudden there’s loads of trucks with ZB on the front of it lol.

This was just thought up as perhaps a wee bit of fun we could have for a day. Plenty of flashing of headlights and waving across the motorway :slight_smile:

What do you all think?

Good idea, needs tidying thou. Although i don’t know if the curtain police will agree with having things in the screen :laughing:

I was thinking more along the lines of putting it in a polly pocket or something and sticking it to the engine cover :wink:

we could roll our left trouser leg up, or is that something else

Steve-o:
I was thinking more along the lines of putting it in a polly pocket or something and sticking it to the engine cover :wink:

You want me to stick WHAT to my engine cover?!

No chance! :laughing:

Alex

MR VAIN:
Good idea, needs tidying thou. Although i don’t know if the curtain police will agree with having things in the screen :laughing:

don’t worry you are being closely monitered Mr V :wink:

This does need to be trimmed around the edges slightly more, as there are some of us (me) who are not allowed anything on the front of our trucks as company image is everything to our customer :wink:

hows about tying a length of white (or other vibrant colour) fabric to the top of your drivers side mirror. it doesnt need to be too long so it distracts you but long enough to be seen from the other side of the motorway.

if a customer see’s it say it got caught as you come down the motorwy or remove it before you get there then put it back on when you leave. same as for the yard when you return.

how about spotters haulage action group

or shag for short :smiley:

Steve-o:
What do you all think?

I think you need to get out more!
What percentage of truck drivers on UK roads are on this forum■■? What are the chances of ever “bumping into” one■■?

Anyway, in the front of my truck (DHL MAN yellow and red) right in the middle of the windscreen is this:

It’s about 2’ top to bottom.

or shag for short

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:
…bet you gonna have lots of members…

HAIRYGORILLA:

or shag for short :smiley:

A short shag is no good, although occasionally it can be good. Better with a long shag. :wink: :stuck_out_tongue: :smiley:

Scarab:

Steve-o:

You want me to stick WHAT to my engine cover?!

No chance! :laughing:

Alex

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: LMFAO !!

Ronaldo:

Steve-o:
What do you all think?

I think you need to get out more!
What percentage of truck drivers on UK roads are on this forum■■? What are the chances of ever “bumping into” one■■?

i thnk that is part of the point of it! :confused: :confused:

Yeah I think it’d be a laugh.

I’ve met a couple of members on here before.

We should come up with a ‘shag logo’ and all stick that in our screens. :wink:

Judging by the number of strange people who flash, wave, hoot, thumbs up and grin at me in any given week, not to mention banging on the doors of random Conships wagons asking after me, pretty ■■■■ high… :blush:

Well it may of been suggested before, what about a TNUK sticker the same as a tax disc holder ? Wouldn’t look out of place in the bottom left of screen.

MR VAIN:
Well it may of been suggested before, what about a TNUK sticker the same as a tax disc holder ? Wouldn’t look out of place in the bottom left of screen.

doubt if you would see it from the other side of the motorway though.

How about a big big flag about 6ft by 4ft attached to a section of scaffold on top of the mirror arm :open_mouth:

How about painting Trucknet on the front of the wagon in Dulux’s finest, put a couple of flashing red beacons on the roof so you can be seen at night, and a little sign saying
“Rob K is a jealous bellsniff of an agency driver” in the front window just to show your not an imposter :laughing: