Narrow bends

o_gorman_pra:

xfmatt:
Jesus it gets worse on here. Does a professional driver really need to ask how to go round a bend?

I’m not a professional driver so that’s why I asked

Are you investigating the case with the foreign lorry driver and the motorcyclist?

neither am i but i went on a transfer from cemex in bridgend to swansea depot in a 26ton mixer and my last job was down llangenith had to go thru lanes not really wide enough for me and it was hammering with rain some roads were flooded and didnt no the roads. just take ur time going round bends cars will try and force u over to the limit if u feel dodgy bout the bend go slow.

Saaamon:

Lady P:
they can make the dissuasion & yes i have done this

I totally disagree with this, you know how much room your lorry needs, the car driver doesnt, therefore you need to take control of the situation directing them if needs be.

There will be times where you get in to a situation that requires you to bend the rules abit, theres no way you can drive a lorry like your on test all the time, you have to be creative.

What if it is another lorry coming the other way :question: or had you not thought of that just presumed that it was a car

I have experienced this when I did my CE training & on some of the bends ther is not enough room for both so what would you do in that situation :question:

As up here in the North East of England there are no motorways but a lot of country roads

Well yeah but it’s not rocket science is it. If you can’t see round a bend you tuck in to the edge as best you can without kerbing the trailer and then creep round till you can see round the bend.

Saaamon:

Lady P:
they can make the dissuasion & yes i have done this

I totally disagree with this, you know how much room your lorry needs, the car driver doesnt, therefore you need to take control of the situation directing them if needs be.

There will be times where you get in to a situation that requires you to bend the rules abit, theres no way you can drive a lorry like your on test all the time, you have to be creative.

Will treat this with the competent it deserves as i has been taken out of context please read all not just the part that appeals to you thank you

Do you mean ‘contempt’ btw?

Ok over the past week I have been out driving a Cat C fridge day cab around the Borders & low lands of Scotland so some narrow roads

1st an artic coming in opposite direction over a narrow bridge with a sharp bend he was 95% over what would you do :question: btw there was good vision for both & yep we both needed to "pinch " a little of the other road

2nd was coming along narrow road with slight camber to it two Cat C traveling towards each other again both needed a little of other road what would you do

As has been suggested in this thread that you alway take the lead

I know what I did thanks