Nameplates (illegal or not?)

Just the other day my brother asked me what I want for christmas? after a bit of thinking I thought I could do with a new nameplate as the one I have is looking very tired and tatty now, so he said fine I’ll put a welsh flag on it and merry christmas underneath in the tiny writing down the bottom.Sorted (because I never know what to say when someone asks me what I want for christmas)
He came to me and said that he’d been to halfords and the local autospares and they both said they were illegal!!
You only have to drive around to see how many truckers are with them, are we all breaking the law now??
Comments please,
Regards
Gidion

I think you get round it by getting them as showplates, something that Halfords etc don’t do. Most truckstop type places do them, eg. Lymm truckstop. They’re just not meant to be for road use (for the licence plate) thats all.

I remember when I bought my 1st one I went in and said could I have GIDDY (obviously) on a white plate?
10 mins later there it was no questions asked. The next time I’m passing a truck stop I’ll pop in and see if they’ll do one!!
I’m only travelling from cardiff to andover and back tomorrow is there any on the way??
Thanks

Play safe and get a couple of bullfighting spears and a dreamcatcher . . mmm…nice :laughing:

Suedehead:
Play safe and get a couple of bullfighting spears and a dreamcatcher . . mmm…nice :laughing:

Lol my gaffer went a bit mental when I had a sat nav in the vision of the windscreen wiper I think I’d get the spears in me head lol

what it is,every reg plate made,the maker of the plate must inform the dvla(trying to stop ringing),so proper retailers cant inform dvla of"giddy"unless you have a v5 cert with that on as the vehicle reg mark.
but as said,you can get them as show plates,i know there is a guy at our local car booter does them,worth a try?.

myshowplates.com/?source=google these do them with delivery u can design your own etc…

Google fancy plates .com from ireland ,on the website they have a plate constructor and how you type it in is how you recieve them!

Buy them on eBay, get what you want exactly, name, fonts, fancy artwork…search on ‘registration plates show’ or similar, you’ll find them there. Waste of time going to yer local auto shop or Halfords, their hands are completely tied now…they need you to bring in yer MoT, reg doc, proof of ID and can only make you a plate to match the reg doc which obviously is a w*nking exercise when you weant yer name on a plate.