Name That (Actros) Problem

Anyone have the faintest idea of what’s up now?

I had one that used to do that occassionally. Stop and turn ignition off, restart and it would clear.

Can be to do with the rear axle modulator or low primary air pressure.
Should bring up a fault code like 7300 and 7395.

Airs fine. It resets when you tap the brakes but as soon as the ignition goes off its back up. This motor did need a new compressor head a few months back as it was letting in water. Filter was swimming, she also moans and groans after being shut off, water in the air pipes?

Try disconnecting the iso lead to trailer.

Mine does it when I change trailers, if I don’t turn the engine off or the lights are on auto, when i swap trailers.
Try turning your engine off and lights in the off position not on auto and reconnect electric and ABS suzies. That should clear it.

Fault on EBS system usually a “transient” but be bloody careful.Sometimes although Merc deny it,you lose the full EBS system and all you got is 30% braking and the spring brakes.

Go into menu on the steering wheel buttons and scroll down to diagnostics.Enter BS and scroll down to “events” check events data and press enter button it will come up with a code fault and usally “operation restricted” keep going and it will come up “delete all events” press enter. Turn off the ignition and turn it back on.If no faults register on the dash its a transient and the BS ecu has reset itself.

If the fault reappears disconnect the battery for 5 minutes then recoonect and turn on the ignition the BS ecu should have reset itself to default and will stop sending out the priority code down the can bus to the main instrument ECU.

Stop quick if BS comes up in red as the brakes go down big time.
Also looks like you got a blocker add blue diffuser valve as the check engine light is on(dont know if your motor was running.
Merc mechanic for my bloody sins.

Is this an 1836 common bloody fault on that model.BS has nothing to do with air pressure or the brakes as such only the EBS system that controls air supply to the relay valves.The modulators are controlled by the ABS ecu which is a seperate unit from BS

Is that right that ACTROS stands for Another Crap Truck Out of Stutgart?
I tend to agree after driving one for a few months,more electrical faults than I’ve ever had on any other truck,bloody gearbox having to be reset and retaught every few days.
Thank god I’ve left the company now and go back to driving a scania on Monday,each to their own but I’m no longer a fan of actros since my experience of them.

jase:
I tend to agree after driving one for a few months,more electrical faults than I’ve ever had on any other truck,bloody gearbox having to be reset and retaught every few days.
Thank god I’ve left the company now and go back to driving a scania on Monday,each to their own but I’m no longer a fan of actros since my experience of them.

This^^^

Had more electrical faults on the Actros than the Renault I used to drive…which is truly shocking as the Renault was pretty bad…! :open_mouth:

Truckulent:

jase:

This^^^

Had more electrical faults on the Actros than the Renault I used to drive…which is truly shocking as the Renault was pretty bad…! :open_mouth:

Worrying thing is that all trucks are going onto these can bus systems where you drive the truck via a set of computers even more bloody worrying is that it was developed for soddin air liners.Going by boat for my next holiday I think!

Never a problem with my actros gear box is very good I suppose it depends on the driver as only reset the gear box when I took over it

I had to have a new fuse box fitted in my 3 week old 62 plate actros.
Towed to main dealer in brum. Had parked up for the night and all electrics went haywire. Light flashing on and off. Windows wound down on themselfs then wouldn’t go back up. The merc technician had never know it happen before. Boss thought I was taking the ■■■■ when I told him what was happening with wagon got him out of bed to get merc out.

Took each of the two old buses I had been working on out for a test drive today. Each one has two lights on the dash - one is in the speedo and the other flashes when the direction indicators are on. Lovely - simple technology that works.
Brake low pressure warning? a Westinghouse flag.

Who is it that decreees that we need all this unecessary technology , ?" whats not there wont go wrong " , I wonder if there is a truck manufacturer out there who would produce a vehicle with the absolute minimum requiements and remain legal ? or would some drivers miss their toys .?

shugg:
Who is it that decreees that we need all this unecessary technology , ?" whats not there wont go wrong " , I wonder if there is a truck manufacturer out there who would produce a vehicle with the absolute minimum requiements and remain legal ? or would some drivers miss their toys .?

What gets me is how easily lorry operators, even established been there a million years hauliers, have bought into the latest all electronic untried stuff.

I’d be very interested to investigate Hino if i needed to buy, they seem to be the only one left who haven’t computerised and automated everything for the sake of it.

Toys?, just give me a decent strong engine a good manual box and a powerful engine retarder inside a reliable simple chassis, that all i’m bothered about.

It should never be allowed that the secondary and parking brake functions are anything but a simple air function that way you can rely on it working in the traditional fashion in the event of some electronic hissy fit shutting the EBS down.