n00b here!

Hi People,

Sprouty here. Nice to find a decent forum for truckers seems like you guys have it down!

I have just taken the plunge, found a decent training school and am looking forward to doing a back to back course, with a couple of days after with the rha for some extra training.

Just wondered what your opinions on some good companies to work for a n00bie driver to start off at.

I’m 25, clean license, and wil hopefully hace c1+e license by the end of Feb.

Thanks.

sprouty:
Hi People,

Sprouty here. Nice to find a decent forum for truckers seems like you guys have it down!

I have just taken the plunge, found a decent training school and am looking forward to doing a back to back course, with a couple of days after with the rha for some extra training.

Just wondered what your opinions on some good companies to work for a n00bie driver to start off at.

I’m 25, clean license, and wil hopefully hace c1+e license by the end of Feb.

Thanks.

C1+E ?

There is a C1+E but it’s an artic up-to 7.5 tonnes so there’s very limited work available for that category, do you mean C+E ?

Yes sorry mate thats what I meant. Filled out so many dvla forms now I cant remeber!

Welcome to Trucknet-UK sprouty :wink:

If you can say who you’re doing the training with someone may know if it’s a decent training company :wink:

By the way if you want advise on companies to approach for work you’ll need to let people know approximately what area you’re in.

I’m training with easyashgv in Camberley Surrey. They were recomended by a chap at the rha. So thats the same area I’m going to be looking for work in.

Many Thanks

You are obviously very new to the industry if you are taking any kind of advice from the RHA.

Good luck.

sprouty:
I’m training with easyashgv in Camberley Surrey. They were recomended by a chap at the rha. So thats the same area I’m going to be looking for work in.

Many Thanks

I believe EasyAsHGV is a broker and as such not really recommended by people on this site, I’m sure someone more knowledgeable on the subject than I am will be along to give more information.

If you haven’t yet paid for the training you may wont to hold off for a while, I’m sure people here will be able to recommend a good trainer in your area.

EasyasHGV is NOT a trainer. They have no vehicles or instructors. They will simply take your money and then place you with the cheapest trainer they can find and pocket the difference.

Don’t be misled by use of the RHA logo or any other for that matter.

You will always do better by looking to go direct. Standard advice is to go and visit the trainer and satisfy yourself with the trainers and vehicles before you part with any money. The only exception is to book with a trainer on rock solid recommendation.

It’s well worth a look at www.hgvlgvtraining.co.uk

Good luck, Pete :laughing: :laughing:

Thanks for all the advice but sadly I have already paid the 2.5k! My trainer has been doing the job for 25 years so I hope he will get me through!

And whats wrong with the rha, yes I am a n00b as stated in the op!

Hope you pass, and enjoy your lessons, as a matter of interest what are you getting for your 2.5k?
Have you a timetable for the tests etc., do they include retest if the worst happens.
Please keep everyone posted on how you get on, and good luck :slight_smile:

Thanks mate. For that I am getting back to back class 2 + 1 training for 4 days with a test on the 5th, it covers vehicle hire, test fees and theory test fees, and a free retest booked in advance if I happen to fail either class 1 or 2, and 2 days in Peterborough after passing which covers all areas of driver legisltion, tacos and saftey ect.

Passed my medicial yesterday now I just have to wait for the dvla to get their asses in gear!

Cant wait to get trucking now!

Regards

Sprouty

Do you know which training company they’re placing you with ?

sprouty:
Thanks for all the advice but sadly I have already paid the 2.5k! My trainer has been doing the job for 25 years so I hope he will get me through!

How long have you got■■? It’d be much quicker to say what’s right about the RHA!!! :laughing:

sprouty:

Brokers are using the RHA logo withut the permission of the RHA it seems
I can see how a newbies decision might be swayed by logos on a site such as RHA and/or DSA
As with anything - check out the company claims to check they are true

Please keep us updated of your progress as many of these brokers (middlemen) tend to hold on to your money for as long as possible to gain the interest off it
We have seen accounts of these brokers on this site where a trainee turns up for training only for it to be cancelled because the broker has not paid the training school !!

I hope the info you were given also stated that you will have to wait for the licence to come back from DVLA after passing C before you can start CE training

If you passed your car test after 01/01/1997 then you will also need to pass intial LGV driver cpc modules 2 & 4 - did they inform you of that and if you do need to, is that in with the price?

The licence is also required to take the initial dcpc so make sure it is not at DVLA when/if you need to do them

Well I am training at a place in Hook Hampshire. And as for the rha, I was told by a few different companies that thier training course for 2 days will give you better employment oppertunities?

THanks

sprouty:
Well I am training at a place in Hook Hampshire. And as for the rha, I was told by a few different companies that thier training course for 2 days will give you better employment oppertunities?

THanks

The RHA have periodic driver cpc courses and I cannot remember any negatives about those

sprouty:

THanks

I did the said training course a few years back, and although it was OK it made no difference at all - finding a job was hard. Get them to state, in writing, they will guarantee that doing that course will provide you with better chance of getting work…

They won’t, 'cos it doesn’t, sadly…

Well I suppose as with anything the more you are qualified for the better your chances are.

Either way I am realy looking forward to a fresh start, I love driving and cant wait to get behind the wheel!

Hi Sprouty and welcome

A little bit of negativity on the thread but all the best mate and good luck. Whoever you do train with it is all about the effort and desire you put into the course.

Just a couple of things

sprouty:
I have just taken the plunge, found a decent training school and am looking forward to doing a back to back course,

The back to back is probably not what you are imagining ie passing the Cat C test and next day cracking on with the CE training. It is not possible because after you pass Cat C your licence goes back to the DVLA for upgrading. It will be returned 2-3 weeks later with a full Cat C on the card and provisional CE on the paper part. Only then can you start the CE training.

As you are 25 years old you must have passed your car test after 01/01/1997 and therefore will need to take the 2 initial CPC exams. These are known as Module 2 and Module 4. Without these you cannot drive professionally. You did not mention that they were included in the price so I am guessing probably not.

As for your original question about job prospects there are loads of people who have passed in the last few months and I am sure they will offer the best advice they can in this respect.

LGVTrainer:
As you are 25 years old you must have passed your car test after 01/01/1997 and therefore will need to take the 2 initial CPC exams. These are known as Module 2 and Module 4. Without these you cannot drive commercially.

FTFY. You’re welcome.