N U F C.

I am confident they will.

Good result yesterday (even better watching it at 99p a pint in Spoons : :smiley: ) good 3 points.
VAR worked FOR us for a change on that offside goal.
Typical Newcastle soap opera though,.Trippier could have a break in his foot subject to scan. :unamused:
Still not sure about Woods, is he going to be another Joelinton pre Howe management.

robroy:
I tend to periodically dip into this sh if only to sit in wonder and amazement at those intent in perpetuating it in the course of their utter obsession…

robroy:
Is there not a message in there somewhere.■■ …or are you hanging on for dear life and sucking the last drop of juice out of this tedious (to most of us) subject

robroy:
Can some of you not bear to accept the fact that life is not only going on, but getting back to some kind of virtual normality.
Methinks some have enjoyed this crap just a little too much, and can not bear to …LET IT GO.
No names btw, but you know who you are.

Franglais:

robroy:
I tend to periodically dip into this sh if only to sit in wonder and amazement at those intent in perpetuating it in the course of their utter obsession…

robroy:
Is there not a message in there somewhere.■■ …or are you hanging on for dear life and sucking the last drop of juice out of this tedious (to most of us) subject

robroy:
Can some of you not bear to accept the fact that life is not only going on, but getting back to some kind of virtual normality.
Methinks some have enjoyed this crap just a little too much, and can not bear to …LET IT GO.
No names btw, but you know who you are.

Looks like I’ve achieved getting under the TN covid consultant’s skin eh? :sunglasses: :laughing: :laughing:
He’s on about my latest contribution to his Covid thread btw. :smiley:

Guilty as charged,.always been obsessed with football and doubly obsessed with NUFC…I freely and unashamedly admit it. :sunglasses:
I won’t go to any functions if Newcastle are on the telly at same time, and to my wife’s annoyance I plan our hols around fixtures or a international tournament if it is on…World cup,.Euro Championship etc.
It’s a far healthier (and dare I say more normal type) obsession than an obsession and preoccupation with a pandemic and filling your head with all the said antidotes and potential cures…unless of course you are some kind of Medical type, (but not a bloke who drives a truck. :open_mouth: ) …just saying like. :wink:

Looking good for 14th place today.

Good game especially with our 3 best players out.
Can’t wait until theres a full turn out with Trippier putting balls in for Wilson and StMaximin.

And Joelintin?..wtf has Eddie Howe said to him?? :open_mouth:

Biggest question though, on a more trivial point/sidenote…post match interview.
The wife noticed this, look closely.
Wtf has Ryan Fraser done to his eyebrows? :open_mouth: :laughing:
Is he auditioning for that ■■■■ Drag race tv show or what. :smiley:

Great result. :smiley:

Another 3 points tonight…(incidentally not on Sky or BT sports, wtf do I pay my subs for?? :imp: )
Got Norwich next, here’s to a Top half finish. :sunglasses:
(Then Liverpool week after btw :open_mouth: :smiley: )

Not to long ago they were going back to the championship, look at them now, well deserved.
The question now is how long will Eddie Howe last, it’s not like he has experience dealing with top class players or expensive players, I’m sure the plan would be just to get safe and as soon as we are settled in a year or two get big names in and for that you need a much more experience manager.
No disrespect to Eddie hes doing a great job but hes bread and butter and what you need is a proven person who attracts top class before you start spending like theirs no tomorrow.
It all depends on how ambitious the owners want to be, they might just want stability in the league and still make money

Bigtruck3:
Not to long ago they were going back to the championship, look at them now, well deserved.
The question now is how long will Eddie Howe last, it’s not like he has experience dealing with top class players or expensive players, I’m sure the plan would be just to get safe and as soon as we are settled in a year or two get big names in and for that you need a much more experience manager.
No disrespect to Eddie hes doing a great job but hes bread and butter and what you need is a proven person who attracts top class before you start spending like theirs no tomorrow.
It all depends on how ambitious the owners want to be, they might just want stability in the league and still make money

This could be the chance and opportunity Eddie has been waiting for in his carreer so far.
They’ve got to keep him on after his performance so far, his results,.the way he’s turned the team around (and with 2 of his top players out long term) and the way he has got the best out of players that did not previously shine, Frazer for instance, Schar,.and especially Joelinton who he plays in a diffrrent position and role on the field.
The game today however was down to players not pushing up front and taking and making chances, they had nothing to lose,.they weren’t expected to win, but in that particular case better to lose 3 O after playing an attacking game,.than losing 1 0 by hanging back as they did.
He could be the bext KK. next season, he needs the chance.

Its already starting the rumours
BBC gossip sports website
Newcastle could sack Howe this summer and replace him with Mourinho, if they get their own way. That is despite the English coach having a huge impact in his short spell in charge.

Bigtruck3:
Its already starting the rumours
BBC gossip sports website
Newcastle could sack Howe this summer and replace him with Mourinho, if they get their own way. That is despite the English coach having a huge impact in his short spell in charge.

I bloody hope not.
Why tf would we want Mouriniho? :unamused:
Eddie Howe has done a bloody good job so far, he’s made a Prem league record in terms of improvement of a team position in league since Chrisrmas, give him a chance to prove himself using his own players.
There ain’t going to be any miraculous instant success top of the league stuff next season, we need to think sensibly.
We should be aiming to be top 9, hopefully in top 6 for Euro,.and go for a good cup runs, both FA and League (or whatever tf they call it this week) a game (or 2) at Wembley again in a final, would be great for the fans…then go for it the season after, these things take time.
There’s the Financial fair play thing to take into consideration,.and we need to get rid of a lot of Championship players, starting with Chris Wood who has done nothing.
Just wondering what Franglais thinks. :laughing:

Last game tomorrow, sigh of relief I was expecting relegation during last year… :unamused:
So do we do Leeds a favour and thrash Burnley, or will the players be taking things easy to avoid injury in close season.
Wouldn’t like to see Leeds go back down, I think they belong in the Premier League with their history, …couldn’t care less about Burnley tbh.

Eddie Howe: Newcastle United manager signs new long-term contract
BBC Football News

Season off to a good start today anyway. :sunglasses:

well i will eat my words when i said howe was not the man for nufc, but i think he will be well peed off drawing today… but still a point… :neutral_face:

m.a.n rules:
well i will eat my words when i said howe was not the man for nufc, but i think he will be well peed off drawing today… but still a point… :neutral_face:

Once you give Man City space in their attacking half the job’s knackered, that Harland had chances to score 2 more,.and once Wilson came off to be replaced by Wood, …well nuff said. :unamused:
Yeh it would have been nice to beat them at home and get 3 points, but I’m sure Howe would have taken 1point before kick off, so all in all a good result .

Looks like they are not interested in signing divas

Newcastle have signed Sweden striker Alexander Isak from Real Sociedad on a long-term deal understood to be worth about £60m.

He didn’t seem to be on any other teams radar

Bigtruck3:
Looks like they are not interested in signing divas

Newcastle have signed Sweden striker Alexander Isak from Real Sociedad on a long-term deal understood to be worth about £60m.

He didn’t seem to be on any other teams radar

They hope to have him playing Sunday against Wolves (on Sky Sports 1300 btw)
They had to get somebody else to play up front,. Wilson is a bloody good player, but he’s injury prone, meant to be out for at least 2 weeks.
Still.can’t see why tf they bought Woods, he’s no better than Dwight Gayle was,.and he’s gone now, money could have been spent better imo, unless he does a Joelinton and suddenlly surprises everybody.