N s clarke of lichfield

hi does anyone know what its like on ns Clarke of Lichfield on the powder tanks I think they do conty to ?

as far as i know he is ok to work for althou not been there for a few years not sure the tankers go over much the tippers definatley do i seen a lad the other day and he told me it was a lot easier than it used to be

Mate of mine has recently jacked there,couldnt get his holidays, had to abandon truck at a msa because he was out of his fortnightly spread at app 6pm one xmas eve and gaffer just said tough. The final straw was doing a delivery on new years eve and had a problem to be met with another tough im on holiday attitude from the office.
Others though have worked there years,so dont know if its another face fits firm.

Think the tippers only do Belgium, as used to see them up and down the corridor, and was talking to one at Jabeke, and he’d only been belgy,

N S clarkes are absolute tossers to work for, probably one of the worst companies that Ive ever worked for along with Lomas Distriwanktion at Buxton. When I started at Clarkies about 7 years ago he put me on a 56 reg Daf XF which was about 3 years old at the time,quite a decent truck in all fairness. As well as having 6 years tipper experience from my Via Gellia Transport days I had also been on powder tankers for a brief period about 20 years ago, Clarkies son who ran the tanks asked me to help out for a few days which became about 18 months. I was taken of the Daf and given a rental Volvo with no tipping gear thus being stuck on the tankers,every time a new bunch of trucks came I was always promised one but they all seemed to be given to the rough foreigners and new boys. You were away all week on the tanks having regular runs down to Sheerness with lime and then maybe over the water, or into Thurrock for a northbound load of cement to get you back up for another load of lime. The money was ■■■■ at the time too so I gave it up when my little girl was born and got a job closer to home with the occasional night out.
All the best, Frogtrotter.

Hmm ,^^ you been at ABH too ?