N & M Charles Light Haulage

Hi All

Has anybody got any pictures of the LDV Wagon & Drag trucks that was once used by the Company called N&M Charles.

It was a family run Company that has ceased trading now for approx 2 years. Being a family run Company it was myself and my Father that was constantly on the road deliver for our Clients, we have some pictures but we are aware that more pictures of our vehicles was taken, some was at Truckfeast and some by truck spotters whilst on the road.
I have searched the web and other sites looking and I have had some success, but not as much as I would like,

I would be most greatful if you have any pictures that are relating to the above Company - for you to contact me at me personal email address or simply just send to me: paulcharles20102010@hotmail.co.uk

It would be nice to hear from anyone that remembers us or has pics!

Thanks and Happy Trucking!!
Paul

i have no pics but used to work at mackworth bodyworks and used to see your ldv pickups when they were in for a service
the ones i recall were crew cabs with mackworth flatbeds on
i finished around1993/4 why have you called it a day?
moose

i seem to recall a truck magazine article about them as well! think they were running 4 mascot drags at the time

one of your mascots is now used for towing caravans in the film and tv industry it has a generator on the
flat bed
it was on a job i was working on back in august last year my works picking up now so if icome across it again i will take a photo

one of the Leyland Daf 400s with sleeper cab is still in 1 piece in Bradwell, Essex. My father drove this wagon and drag outfit for Bradwell Distribution whilst waitin to get his HGV back after having a heart attack. The motor worked hard doing London and Home-Counties multi-drop work during the week and exhibition work at weekends along side another LDV curtainsider that was new to British Gas. She wore out in the end, and was laid up for spares. The trailer is still being used on book distribution and general haulage work. The company now runs Renault Mascot and Master outfits.

moose1:
i have no pics but used to work at mackworth bodyworks and used to see your ldv pickups when they were in for a service
the ones i recall were crew cabs with mackworth flatbeds on
i finished around1993/4 why have you called it a day?
moose

yes he has so sad

Hutchie:
i seem to recall a truck magazine article about them as well! think they were running 4 mascot drags at the time

hi mate no we had two mascot drags ta.

fred kelly:
one of your mascots is now used for towing caravans in the film and tv industry it has a generator on the
flat bed
it was on a job i was working on back in august last year my works picking up now so if icome across it again i will take a photo

hi mate thanks for that

STRAIGHT EIGHT:
one of the Leyland Daf 400s with sleeper cab is still in 1 piece in Bradwell, Essex. My father drove this wagon and drag outfit for Bradwell Distribution whilst waitin to get his HGV back after having a heart attack. The motor worked hard doing London and Home-Counties multi-drop work during the week and exhibition work at weekends along side another LDV curtainsider that was new to British Gas. She wore out in the end, and was laid up for spares. The trailer is still being used on book distribution and general haulage work. The company now runs Renault Mascot and Master outfits.

Cheers mate for that, that truck was my very first truck… Sounds as if she was well used till the end! lol.

Hello Paul, good to see that yr alive and well. Don’t think you’ll remember me but we parked opposite each other one year at Truckfest. (I’m sure it was truckfest) It was good to meet you both. Sorry to hear you’ve ceased trading. Wish I had some photos. Take care mate.

MR VAIN:
Hello Paul, good to see that yr alive and well. Don’t think you’ll remember me but we parked opposite each other one year at Truckfest. (I’m sure it was truckfest) It was good to meet you both. Sorry to hear you’ve ceased trading. Wish I had some photos. Take care mate.

Hello Mr Vain, Thanks for posting on Paul’s page, yer we do remember you, we were only talking about our weekend at Truckfest and meeting yourself and some great guys…Hope your still trucking and keeping well. Good to hear from you.
You might remember this sight as you woke up that day at Truckfest…lol…

Regards Nigel & Paul.

trucking:

MR VAIN:

Hello Mr Vain, Thanks for posting on Paul’s page, yer we do remember you, we were only talking about our weekend at Truckfest and meeting yourself and some great guys…Hope your still trucking and keeping well. Good to hear from you.
You might remember this sight as you woke up that day at Truckfest…lol…

Regards Nigel & Paul.

Hello mate, yeah I remember that view. I was racking my brain trying to remember where/ what show we were at, but I remembered you had the fence behind you. I’m still here, still working, same truck. Not much changes. Good to see that you are both well.

paulcharles1972:
Hi All

Has anybody got any pictures of the LDV Wagon & Drag trucks that was once used by the Company called N&M Charles.

It was a family run Company that has ceased trading now for approx 2 years. Being a family run Company it was myself and my Father that was constantly on the road deliver for our Clients, we have some pictures but we are aware that more pictures of our vehicles was taken, some was at Truckfeast and some by truck spotters whilst on the road.
I have searched the web and other sites looking and I have had some success, but not as much as I would like,

I would be most greatful if you have any pictures that are relating to the above Company - for you to contact me at me personal email address or simply just send to me: paulcharles20102010@hotmail.co.uk

It would be nice to hear from anyone that remembers us or has pics! i miss them

Paul

paulcharles1972:

paulcharles1972:
Hi All

It would be nice to hear from anyone that remembers us or has pics! i miss them

Paul

Hi paul see one of your vans in bristol alot next time i see it try get pic i remember one of you pulling up next to my van a lights in chetlenham looked so smart cheers ian

hi ian thanks for that are u the one with merc that nice one ta

paulcharles1972:
hi ian thanks for that are u the one with merc that nice one ta

YEAH THEY WHERE IN TRUCK AND DRIVER MAGAZINE AND I THINK I STILL HAVE THE MAGAZINE WITH THEM IN IT !