Myth Busting!

So I’ve finally appeared on TikTok now I’ve an actual USP, busting myths that plague this industry! It’s taking off and I actually find it rather enjoyable. Covered the 4h30 is an infringement/overspeeds/tractor unit driving licence issue. Anymore of these nonsense stories I can do?!

https://vm.tiktok.com/ZMYrjVMgM/

Fines for winding of the handle.
Chalk around the wheels when out of time on a bay

£10 fine…

For every turn of the leg winding handle.

HGVs cannot use the outside lane on approaches to roundabouts. You ALL have to queue in the nearside lane, despite there being plenty of room to get two side by side on the ■■■■■ itself.

Don’t expect to be given space at a slip road, it’s a courtesy, not a right.

Lane blockers are all brain dead goldfish (that one’s not a myth, just wanted to get that one out there)

Fuel island blockers.

You can’t drive for more than ten hours in any twenty four hour period. You can’t do two x ten hour drives back to back. You can’t take a reduced break when back at your home depot. No dear, your bottom doesn’t look big in that.

The list goes on.

the maoster:
You can’t drive for more than ten hours in any twenty four hour period. You can’t do two x ten hour drives back to back. You can’t take a reduced break when back at your home depot. No dear, your bottom doesn’t look big in that.

The list goes on.

Some of my former coworkers believed the reduced rest at the yard BS and there’d to have a go at me for it , I told them “it’s up to me where and when I take my daily rest not you ! “

the maoster:

The list goes on.

“Taking a minimum 25 hour weekly rest instead of the legal minimum of 24”…

“We Obeying H&S law at all times”. You’re no good to us unless you can do a 4th reduced rest this week! Just you try reporting anyone here to the HSE

“No persecution of whistleblowers permitted” ‘No enforcement of policy’, in other words…

“We are an equal opportunities Employer” Some are more equal than others, Eg. Union members, popular staff

“This firm pays sick pay at management discretion”

“It is against the law to disobey company rules” fake laws - anyone?

“It is legal to do if a manager gives you permission” (Eg. carry a passenger who’s not a company employee) How do all those extra insurances get put in place by merely the ‘nod’ of a manager?

“Someone we ban - will never work anywhere around here ever again” (but strangely, someone convicted of a crime who’s also lost their licence, providing they are in the Union and ‘popular’, they’ll be found something else to do at work, on full pay or suspended on full pay)

“All staff are treated with fairness and respect” no one will actually go to jail for actually breaking laws, we’ll troll anyone who’s face doesn’t fit, and if they push back - it’ll be all about them being moany gits… Any actual crime(s) - will be covered up in-house

the maoster:

The list goes on.

Already done that one! TikTok - Make Your Day

yourhavingalarf:
£10 fine…

For every turn of the leg winding handle.

HGVs cannot use the outside lane on approaches to roundabouts. You ALL have to queue in the nearside lane, despite there being plenty of room to get two side by side on the ■■■■■ itself.

Don’t expect to be given space at a slip road, it’s a courtesy, not a right.

Lane blockers are all brain dead goldfish (that one’s not a myth, just wanted to get that one out there)

Fuel island blockers.

Also reminded me of the outside lane ban, people think it’s all roads not just motorways

Winseer:
“Taking a minimum 25 hour weekly rest instead of the legal minimum of 24”…

“We Obeying H&S law at all times”. You’re no good to us unless you can do a 4th reduced rest this week! Just you try reporting anyone here to the HSE

“No persecution of whistleblowers permitted” ‘No enforcement of policy’, in other words…

“We are an equal opportunities Employer” Some are more equal than others, Eg. Union members, popular staff

“This firm pays sick pay at management discretion”

“It is against the law to disobey company rules” fake laws - anyone?

“It is legal to do if a manager gives you permission” (Eg. carry a passenger who’s not a company employee) How do all those extra insurances get put in place by merely the ‘nod’ of a manager?

“Someone we ban - will never work anywhere around here ever again” (but strangely, someone convicted of a crime who’s also lost their licence, providing they are in the Union and ‘popular’, they’ll be found something else to do at work, on full pay or suspended on full pay)

“All staff are treated with fairness and respect” no one will actually go to jail for actually breaking laws, we’ll troll anyone who’s face doesn’t fit, and if they push back - it’ll be all about them being moany gits… Any actual crime(s) - will be covered up in-house

Oh FFS, give it a rest! Stop with the paranoia and conspiracy theories. Everyone is out to get me, everyone has an agenda against me, no-one likes me, blah blah blah. Have you ever stopped to consider that maybe you are just a crap driver and a crap employee - hence why you get the boot from everywhere you go?

You did get rid of me though, didn’t you? - No “Conspiracy” - it actually happened - more than once, at that.
“Getting the job done” is what is important to me, compared to “getting rid of someone we don’t like” being what is important to you and your irk.
By refusing to return to full time - I am now outside your sphere of influence.

Revel in your power over others you’d maltreat - whilst you still have such insidious backbiting power.

Maximum damage to me has already been done, I’ve had my rants, you’ve had your attempts to laugh at the detriment to me thus achieved by your past actions. It cost me a lot financially, but what doesn’t kill me - makes me stronger, so it will be easier for me to forgive than history to at this point.
The winner of this wider game - will be anyone observing Easter 2025 as well as Christmas 2024. (Here’s a clue: It’ll be ‘both’ for winners, ‘neither’ for losers here…)
I’ve already stated that I won’t be working at your establishments ever again, so go celebrate your perceived big win over the “fruitcake” in the time you’ve got left.
Hows things among those who took over the duties I used to do since I left btw? :unamused: Company still making money- is it? Pension still intact - is it?

Blimey, that went in an unexpected direction :smiley:

switchlogic:
Blimey, that went in an unexpected direction :smiley:

Have you…

Not met Winseer? Or Threadwrecker as I call him. :smiley:

Likes of old Winny and Carryfast made me think recently. How do some people lurch from one crisis at work to another whereas I’ve been lucky enough to lead something of a charmed life (work wise), much to some peoples annoyance :smiley: I realised it’s probably nothing to do with luck TikTok - Make Your Day

I confessed that the channel appeared on my TikTok stream a while ago and I pressed on the not interested button

Pallet hub forkies are human :laughing:

peirre:
I confessed that the channel appeared on my TikTok stream a while ago and I pressed on the not interested button

How. Dare. You. Don’t you know who I am?

I’m more interested in content than amuses me and helps me while away the hours that I’m parked up

Bust the myth that anything on Tiktok is to be believed!

peirre:
I’m more interested in content than amuses me and helps me while away the hours that I’m parked up

Fair enough, I wouldn’t watch any of my content either. Been watching a few others and was saying to my best friend how dull lots are and he laughed and said ‘now you know why I don’t watch yours’ :smiley:

You cant have your break in the drivers seat :laughing: