My whinge

Ok just thought I would have a whinge I’m about to leave Ipswich for Hull I am very gutted about having to work in this holiday I kind of got tricked into it as everyone else has used it for holiday and I wasn’t told I had too say anything.

I normally get told if I want to work or not I have to use holiday but being as I’m new to this company I had no idea.

Anyhow long day ahead got to go to Hull then to Thrisk I think it’s called and to top it off the weather seems lovely out there too. I hear I’m the only driver working so that makes me feel better.

This is my Christmas Holiday whinge over

Ooops !

Not very local that, just google mapped it & the round trip is 526 miles/8hrs 45 mins (in a car) using the M18.
Using the Rip off bridge (if its open ) is 504 miles 8hours 40 mins (so not a lot in it)

Think you’re gonna be lucky to get back tonight ! :unamused:

If it makes you feel any better- I’m in today from 07.00 & I don’t know what I’m doing yet ? :laughing:
Hopefully locals :wink:

martinviking:
Using the Rip off bridge (if its open ) is 504 miles 8hours 40 mins (so not a lot in it)

Why do you call it the rip off bridge, have you not been over it for a while? Its now only £12 which will actually work out cheaper than going all the way round.

xfmatt:

martinviking:

Why do you call it the rip off bridge, have you not been over it for a while? Its now only £12 which will actually work out cheaper than going all the way round.

If your going from Grimsby to Hull, maybe, but any Toll in this CoUNTry is a Rip Off. Don’t we pay enough Taxes without giving these Thieves more ?

Yeah we do I agree but it’s better paying £12 than the £20.30 we used to. Can’t understand why we don’t scrap all tolls the same as Scotland did.

Yeah but from your previous posts didn’t it take you ages to get a decent job which I presume this is so I’d just be counting my chickens if I was you!

I was ready to work this week but the office reminded me I had holidays owing and I must take them before January or loose them, we are quiet at this time so they requested me to take the time off this week but as far as I am concerned today Friday is a normal working day as are the other non Bank Holidays between Christmas and New Year.
In other jobs I have worked them with no moaning or anything, its just another day, I dont understand why a lot of people think we are entitled to a week off?
My lad is at uni but he is working all over Christmas at Primark for buttons and he is 19 years old and hasn’t moaned, though he does look like hell warmed up after his nights out then going to work the next day :laughing: :laughing:

I would rather drive a truck than cope with being a shop assistant this time of year if I had to work :wink:

It’s a normal day today and I’m in. Only local Weston - Bridgwater x8.

I don’t understand why people crib about working over Christmas (obviously Christmas Day I can understand)

It’s just a normal working day today

a might put in an appearance sunday morning but for now I will just sit here feet up in front of the telly with a brew some of my lot are in and doing a bit though and by all accounts its a bit breezy out there :slight_smile:

Been in this morning only 8am - 12noon, 1 drop between 3 drivers / 6 yard staff and two trucks to take around the corner to the DAF dealer for a 6 weekly check. Cost them more in wages and electricity than they earned in takings , such is the infinite wisdom of modern shopkeepers, i mean management.

senior50:
It’s just a normal working day today

^^^^THIS today isnt a holiday.

If folk didn’t want to work over Xmas then book it off. If you have no holidays left then tough ■■■■■. I always save about 6 days for this time off year and have 2 week off. There seems to be a lot of drivers moaning on here about having to work over Xmas, it does’nt take rocket science to work out that this time of year in the transport industry is the busiest time of year as it is for most folk.
Don’t like it then find another job. Simples :smiley: