My Volvo

Ha ha… Bet you thought It was a truck??.. well, I’m so chuffed, I thought I would put it up here…

I picked her up saturday… and what a baby…

:smiling_imp: :wink:

A long time ago I had a Volvo 440 GLT it was a tank! but a great car!

The thing that surpprises me is as a biker how can you drive a Volvo?

dont Bikers have a thing about them?

Ha Ha Ha… well, yeah, I spose we do actually TC, but they were more about the old Brick built 245DL estates… the ones that old grandads used to drive… (Like my Old man… hahaha Sorry Dad!!)…

But the Volvo Car of today just aint in the same league as the old ones…
But then, I spose I aint really a normal bloke… haha, you should see my CD collection… :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :confused: :unamused: :wink:

Brings back fond memories of my old 245DL. Man, that car was a tank. I drove it for 10 years, all over the US and Canada, even used it to tow my rally car back when I was seriously running the Canadian professional series. That car had over 225k miles on it when I finally sold it.

Jezzzzzzzzzz :exclamation: You ford employee’s make good money, and alway did :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

When i first started in transport, under 21 with a 7 1/2 toner I used to go to AVO down there, there were 4 guys emloyed there to get together at the most 6 pallets of stuff, more often 1 pallet for me to take to Daventry for distribution, I figured they each handled 5 small cartons a day on average, all of them drove new top of the range models :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Nice car AndyM :slight_smile: .

you work for ford but you brought a volvo,no company loyalty then :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :wink:

mate of mine had 1 of them (swopped it for a land rover td4 [zb] knows why :confused: ) and boy do they fly ,strap youself in tight mate

nice motor :smiley:

jon

I used to have this…

I loved it, but it died on the MOT emissions test about 2 years ago. Two years motoring for £400 all in (apart from tax, insurance, fuel). Nearly half of that was on a windscreen and wasn’t the cars fault.

jonboy:
you work for ford but you brought a volvo,no company loyalty then :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :wink:

mate of mine had 1 of them (swopped it for a land rover td4 [zb] knows why :confused: ) and boy do they fly ,strap youself in tight mate

jon

who owns volvo :laughing: :laughing: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :wink:

ralliesport:

jonboy:

jon

who owns volvo :laughing: :laughing: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :wink:

ha ha ha… My sentiments exactly… LOL
:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Andyroo, that looks like one of the old 340 GLT’s, I always fancied one of them, but that was a long time ago.

Had several Volvos in the house for several years, the first being a 1993 440 LI. What a comfortable, affordable, in my opninion smart looking and very powerful motor! She was the 1.8 and not the 1.6 my dad originally thought. He had it for 5 years from new untill 98 when a drunken [zb] hit hem from behind. Mam never wanted another Volvo at the door after that. But the Volvo bug is hard to kick and a 1995 460 TDI (li trim again) was in the driveway. That was another fine motor but never seemed the same as it was secondhand with huge mileage( 151k if I remember) but it sure went as well. My father then left the marque and went to Renault for a while. I bought a 1995 850 se soon after he sold the 460. If I remember it was a 2ltr and it was spotless. Then after being on the sick for a long time I couldnt afford to keep the 850, so I bought an ■■■■■■ tdi, which served me well, but ive just bid on a very old 480 es on ebay with only 90k approx on it. What is very strange is that ive also found myself for the first time looking at Saab 900 turbos! They seem to be in the same range and also have the Scania logo on the badge instead of just Saab( ■■■■ GM).

Well if I get another Volvo Ill post it but I aint gonna bother posting my current car, a rather boring( but fast) Ford Fiesta zetec!

Rant over.

Kev

AndyM:
Andyroo, that looks like one of the old 340 GLT’s, I always fancied one of them, but that was a long time ago.

Wish it had been a GLT, it was only a DL (1400cc). If I see a nice F or G reg GLT cheap anytime soon it’s mine…just for fun…I loved my 340.

Ha! So now you own a Volvo car you can sit on the motorways doing 50mph with your blinkers on, jam jar bottom glasses, seat as far forward as it will go and face touching the windscreen like every other [zb] Volvo driver :unamused:

Then when trucks pull out to overtake you, you’ll let them get half way past and then suddenly wake up and floor it up the inside I guess too :unamused:

Must be a biker thing! :stuck_out_tongue: I am on my 3rd volvo. 2 x 460 and an S40 and like AndyM said, they arent like the old 245.

I went to a motorcycle club agm last night and nearly got tarred and feathered for driving a truck, spilling diesel on roundabouts and driving a volvo :stuck_out_tongue:

I am still looking for a nice cheap T4 though

AndyM:
Ha ha… Bet you thought It was a truck??.. well, I’m so chuffed, I thought I would put it up here…

I picked her up saturday… and what a baby… volvot5.co.uk/volvogallery/a … .01big.jpg[/img]

:smiling_imp: :wink:

this car has the same chassis as a vauxhall vectra both firms owned by general motors!!! :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

actually Roadrunner. you are wrong!

Even if you were correct- Your point is■■?

I think you will find volvo cars is owend by Ford. :open_mouth:
and it is saab that is GM and has the same floor pan as a vectra :wink:

And a Jaguar XK, Mondeo and Aston Martin DB9 use the same floor pan as well, which means absolutely zilch :confused:

Its like saying Tea is made with water :stuck_out_tongue:

Wheel Nut:
And a Jaguar XK, Mondeo and Aston Martin DB9 use the same floor pan as well, which means absolutely zilch :confused:

Its like saying Tea is made with water :stuck_out_tongue:

Actually, Wheelnut, The Jaguar X-TYPE and the Mondeo share the same chassis, and NOT the XK as you mentioned. :unamused: :laughing: :laughing:

And my dad’s bigger than your dad. :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

For many years, all we ever saw overhere were the Swedish Volvos, with an occasional Canadian-assembled 240 wagon in the mix. Then about 5 years ago, they stated selling those dutch Volvos. From what I’ve heard, they aren’t nearly as reliable as the Swedish 7, 8 and 9 series. Even Sherman tanks aren’t as solid as the on 2 series were…