My very first HGV

After doing my 20 plus drops a day down London delivering eggs in a 7.5tonner, i got a job delivering the local freebie newspaper around the smoke (only reason i got the job was cos i knew me way round London), with Cartco Of Diss, well they got bought out by Russell Davies, their very first company that had nothing to do with containers, they put me thru my test (class1) and i passed 1st time, but their policy was when you get your licence you have to do a year or so on the 17 tonners, so here is a pic or 2 of H658AMF, my first HGV. And i got it brand new from Duffields, mine is the one in the first two pics, and the same motor, one in the 3rd pic on the left with Norfolk in the window, and the one in the middle in the last pic.

they got a contract with obell storage(which got taken over by McGregor Cory) which was allways done by Boroughes of Bressingham, well Russel Davies being the vultures they were undercut them by loads of dosh, and next thing, i got my 2nd brand new truck (via Russell Davies, the first motors Russell Davies had on contract that were nothing to do with containers) a M.A.N 17-192 a brilliant motor, twin bunks, loads of power, a really fantastic motor at the time.

If this was a ‘where am I’ thread I would take a stab at Saddleworth Moor. :confused:

well done kindle.

i was always crap at driving ridgids :blush: , i was always reversing into things :blush: .

luckily enough im good at reversing an artic i find it loads easier :laughing: .

My 1st one was this

jessicas dad:
i was always crap at driving ridgids , i was always reversing into things

luckily enough im good at reversing an artic i find it loads easier :laughing: .

never a truer word spoken!

rigid drivers are the real truckers.

Cartco Of Diss

that rings a bell

english_jock:

jessicas dad:

well you can have that one. :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

jessicas dad:

english_jock:

jessicas dad:

well you can have that one. :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: