My Trucks

Mal:
Theres a couple I found out of my artics, bad pics!
First Motor This was a 1625 I bought running at 38ton, she earned a few bob and was totally reliable.

But better than that is the arse-end of that Capri in the picture!! :laughing: :laughing:Nice wheels!”

i used to like the old capri’s, that one come as a trade in on a chevy stationwagon i had, and cash of course, the best capri i had was a 3ltr s, but that had to go to a builder to pay the last 700 quid off an extension we had built and i ran out of dough. i saw the corvertous look in the builders eyes and it was job done! :laughing: :laughing: to be honest i dont much give a ■■■■ what i drive, and when we bought the 25, i had no car at all, and we went toi minehead on holiday in the unit! :wink:

I had an '84 Capri (2.0 litre Laser) and although it wasn’t top-of-the-range, I loved it!!

I think if I was to come across a top-nick 2.8 injection nowadays, i’d probably happily (stupidly? :unamused: ) pay top money for it…

Nice Pics Mal. :wink: paying top money for a clean 2.8 or 3.0 might not be a bad move, they must have reached classic status by now.

Maybe i’ll just rewind from my last comment…

I just saw one on Autotrader (online) for £19,995!! :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

marcustandy:
Maybe i’ll just rewind from my last comment…

I just saw one on Autotrader (online) for £19,995!! :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

Stop messing aboout :laughing:

the one in the pic was the 1.6 calypso marcus, it was a nice driver to be fair!

cheers muckles, i wish id have took loads of pics years ago, i really do, i could have had a pretty good collection now.

lads, if thats the price of a capri, i wish i had the both of them now! :laughing: :laughing:

Clicky-click for picture! Or click here to see all of the available Capri’s.

Autotrader Online:
FORD Capri 280 Fastback

3 Doors, Manual, Fastback, Petrol, 5,000 miles. 1 of 130 genuine ford cars supplied by ford full show room condition got the new 280 exhaust fitted only drivers seat ever been used origanal tyres all documents invoices and tax disc with the car full dealer facilitys available

Can be yours; a snip at £19,995!!

Can’t have been much of a Capri driver if only the drivers seat was used. :laughing:

Nice Pics :smiley:

heres some merc’s for you malc.

ive got aload more of these.

whats that f reg a 2035? i forget the models a mate of mine had a 1735 the 4 legger, tidy trck that sanmars JD!

Nice Pics jessicas dad :smiley:

Mal:
i dont much give a [zb] what i drive, and when we bought the 25, i had no car at all, and we went toi minehead on holiday in the unit! :wink:

Ha! The true OD! In the early 70’s my brother and I had a couple of 10 tonners,
a ■■■■■■ with a furniture trailer, and a Morris Minor pickup with a purpose built
tilt. Guess which earned the most money :laughing:

Couldn’t afford a car so the Moggy took us all (wife and 5 kids) to Cornwall for
the holliers. Dropped the three oldest on the train at Derby, met them at Bristol
and all squeezed in the rest of the way :open_mouth: :laughing: .

Nice pics Mal, I loved that Merc too, but at the time seemed all alone in
appreciating the EPS box. Had a hell of a job trying to train older drivers not to
rev the guts out in each gear though :unamused: .

Salut, David.

Dave, roughing it a bit is great fun aint it!
I wouldnt have missed it for all the world.
i sometimes think life’s too soft now and none the better for iut.

I wernt a big fan of the eps till i got that 48,
because you allways had to use the clutch!
the 480 had so much torque block changing made the job easy!

good old sanmar cowboys, yeeee haaaaa

Mal:
Dave, roughing it a bit is great fun aint it!
I wouldnt have missed it for all the world.
i sometimes think life’s too soft now and none the better for iut.!

Good job RobK isn’t listening :unamused: , he refuses trucks if the night heater doesn’t run all night :open_mouth: :laughing:

I wernt a big fan of the eps till i got that 48,
because you allways had to use the clutch!
the 480 had so much torque block changing made the job easy

The first motor I had here at Gauthier’s was a 480. Great motor but the boss
didn’t like Mercs so he got rid of the half dozen he had only a month after I was
given it. :cry:

Salut, David.

night heater running all night? not for me old pal, i run it to warm the cab up in the morning thats about it really, or if its brassic and parked up for hours at a tip/load.

Theres a couple I found out of my artics, bad pics!
First Motor This was a 1625 I bought running at 38ton, she earned a few bob and was totally reliable.

My Baby Merc 1748 Tag Axle This motor cost more than a house and The G Cab was great compared to the 1625! Would outpull virtually everything at the time.

Another One

With Trailer

Tipped out at Bury St Edmunds after the Peterboro show 1992
Theres some shiney new wheeltrims there from the show, but the pics so bad you cant hardley see them!

i always used to like the powerliner i wish i had one.