My Story...

Hekllo everybody.

1st i want to say a big THANK YOU to everybody supporting and helping all newbe’s and wannabe’s. you guys rock.

Been a long time since i posted last time but i said now after few months of class 1 driving i think is a good ideea to tell my story. (please excuse my grammar english is my second language)

to start with the beginning lol.

in April 2014 i decided to get my licence. i had EU licence. so it took bout 2 weeks to change it.
than i started to look for training companies (thanks to rog and other ppl i had a pretty long list in and arond birmingham)
i must say that theory i passed it 1st shot. hazard… well i failed twice (with like 20 points lol). than i decided to buy the DVD. helped alot cause i saw i was failing due to faster reaction (with 1 sec to half sec) than the computer wanted me to react. so 3rd time passed it with almost max points. the other theory tests … well its more logic than anything else. just need to pay attention and read twice.
So ok. have the theory test now. start going for training. checked bout 10 training companies (never take anything over phone). always go in person meet the trainer see the trucks etc. in the end i stopped to A1 in birmingham (the only ones that answered ALL my questions and adviced me alot of things and they did not even wanted to take an adv payment till after assessment)

passed class 2 1st try. 04 plate 12t man knock manual gearbox (hardest manual gearbox i met).

than i started straight away to work in palletways (fradley park depot 20). multidrop leicester centre 10 to 16 a day palletised most with pumptruck lol (nice start). started mid sept.

than it was eurocarparts in dordon (tamworth). they have a such a narrow yard in ndc lol. was for bout a month. this counted alot for building my reversing

after few weeks i started class 1 training which i passed straight away. on 15th of dec i have my full licence in my hands and started to look for class one jobs.

been to alot of agencies (birmingham) and the one who gave me straight away work was Winner recruitment. they take any kind of class 1 (prob even without licence :slight_smile: but i appreciated it they gave me work. so… i staryed in stobart tesco lichfield in fradley park. no assessment. ■■■■ job lol. i am saying this cause i had the bad luck to do only ■■■■ deliveries to small stores in small minitowns with small and narrow mini streets… but helped alot in my learning. did that for bout few weeks. than started in hermes (same agency) in tamworth. worked 2 weeks than i had my assessment (lol) super easy job.
after exactly 6 months on class 1 on licence i had an assessment in DHL hams hall (passed 1st). started working in JLR contract. still here. and it is via staffline (driving plus). meantime i had more assessments passed them all 1st time but didnt wanted the jobs (even as a rookie u can still afford to reject jobs-so there still is a shortage on market)

ok. that being said my reverse now is perfect. working on jobs with most of the time ■■■■ locations helped alot. i can reverse now anywhere in any circumstances if id doable i will do it. but it took time for this lol.

the only thing that put me in a good light everywhere was the capability of not saying “NO” lol. never refused a run always doing to the best of my power.

shortly this is my story. did this as an encouragement for all the wannabes and newbes. it can be done. u just need a good planning in advance and be able to offer what they need.

i can give details of alot of case studies lol. storyes ■■■■ situations but it would make this post too long.

thank you for your time reading this. and if anyone has any questions pls feel free to ask.

good luck all

Sounds like your doing well tesco shops are a nightmare the smaller express ones,your right euro car parts isn’t the biggest yard lol but it’s all practice.
Winner recruitment are good they found me work at pound land where it turned into a full time job,doing shops is a good way of getting reversing practice and finding back doors you can’t see off the road.

Jeff.

Good story, thanks for that.
Cheers. Stevie.

Nice to see you back hope you come back a bit more & you can now offer advice to others also contribute in the mani forum

Well done on all your passes & a nice story to go with it

thx bro. i will be back more often. but in bout 3 weeks. i go back home now on holyday. XD