My story upto now

Ok I thought I’d write this down as a reference for me and advice rather than clogging up other threads.

Well I’ll start off by saying my names Thomas and I currently work for Tesco delivering home shopping.

The people I work with are great and it’s a nice job most of the time.

I have always loved lorries and I’d had a bad month at work at the start of the year so I thought I’d might as well just go for it.

I then scoured the internet and found this place.

I then since have had loads of advice from here which I am truelly greatful for and did my medical.

I received that back then sorted my theory.

I decided to do all 3 in one day.
I was really nervous but it was silly as I passed all three.

Multiple choice 94 out of 100
Hazard perception 86 out of 100 even with 1 zero as it thought I cheated
CPC 45 out of 50

On Tuesday the 19th May 2015 (yesterday) I had a meet and greet and drove around the test centre.
I felt really at home with the people and have booked my test with them (torpedo training)

I went with them as they have manual vehicles and rather than wag and drag for once I pass my class c they have actual artics.

They also do 1 to 1 training rather than split so more focus on the person.

I hope this was ok to put up but I can actually feel proud that I’m actually doing something with my life rather than still being at tesco all of it.

my assessment vehicle

how long till you start your training mate.

and good luck to you hope it all goes well

Congratulations on the theory etc mate. I’m in the same boat as you. Got my class 2 done. Just waiting for my class 1.
See you on the road in the future.

Good attitude mate. Well done.

Sounds like you’ve got a good head on your shoulders! All the best with your training. Incidentally it was working for Tesco that made me decide on a driving job although I spent 6 years on the buses before I did my lorry licences!

Only other piece of advice I found on here that I wish I’d done was to do the Mod 4 before you go for the driving test. Doing it that way, once you pass the test you’ve nothing more to worry about and just need to await the arrival of your licence and DQC.

Good luck, looking forward to reading the last chapter.

deltawing:
how long till you start your training mate.

and good luck to you hope it all goes well

Thankyou Deltawing I start training 15th June so less than a month to go.

wilson.roy:
Congratulations on the theory etc mate. I’m in the same boat as you. Got my class 2 done. Just waiting for my class 1.
See you on the road in the future.

Thankyou Wilson.roy I bet you cannot wait. That’s my end game class 1.

Be good to see you on the road if I do then it means we both made it to our goals

eagerbeaver:
Good attitude mate. Well done.

Thankyou eager beaver

Greeny3:
Sounds like you’ve got a good head on your shoulders! All the best with your training. Incidentally it was working for Tesco that made me decide on a driving job although I spent 6 years on the buses before I did my lorry licences!

Only other piece of advice I found on here that I wish I’d done was to do the Mod 4 before you go for the driving test. Doing it that way, once you pass the test you’ve nothing more to worry about and just need to await the arrival of your licence and DQC.

Thankyou Greeny3 I will have a word with my instructor.

I’m not going to be getting a job untill I complete class 1 so ill do my mod 4 before class 1 training.

Tesco does that to you doesn’t it

UKmember:
Good luck, looking forward to reading the last chapter.

Thankyou UKmember ill look forward to writing it.

I did my C and CE with them, used that trailer in the background. Is it Laurie or Robin teaching you. They were both great and enjoyed it with them. good luck with it.

m_attt:
I did my C and CE with them, used that trailer in the background. Is it Laurie or Robin teaching you. They were both great and enjoyed it with them. good luck with it.

I had a chat with Laurie but did my assessment with Robin.

Robin said he normally does more in the classroom so I’ll be going with Laurie for the actual lessons I think.

Thankyou m_attt it’s nice to hear that people were happy with them. It makes me think I made the right decision.