My Prestons of Potto Pictures!

So, I’ve already put some up of the pictures I’ve taken when i was down at the yard in Knottingley at the POP depot, But here is most/all the pictures I took of the trucks,

all of them apart from one are all Scania’s so if you’re not one for scanias then I do apologise :smiley:

I’ll start with the Daf for those non scania fans :wink:

Now for all the scania ‘enthusiasts’ :grimacing:

My personal favourite which i know is bragging a little but this is probably one of the most professional looking pictures I have taken, If only I could use my photography work for an article in T&D but can only dream for the moment :wink:

If anybody wants to see anymore they can but I only have other scania pictures, as there was only that one daf in the yard :frowning:

Personally i think that the fleet is a credit to Mr Preston, and can’t wait until my dad gets a truck given to him so you can all see who my dad is and who does the photography in the family :wink: :wink:

Cheers!!

Jonny :grimacing:

Cheers for posting them. I think that they run one of the smartest overall fleets around. See them all over aswell, pulling quite a variation of loads.

Grasshopper:
Cheers for posting them. I think that they run one of the smartest overall fleets around. See them all over aswell, pulling quite a variation of loads.

You are very welcome mate, I feel rather lucky I live so close to two very big company depots, regarding the companies being rather big. I have Prestons of Potto and right next to it R.T.Keedwell or K.J.Logistics which ever you preffer to call it. Two very big companies with two very smart fleets but personally i think Prestons’ fleet looks very striking with the red. Its really odd though!

Prestons of Potto was the first company i got into a truck at the age of 2 (was with my dad at the time)
First company i’ve had a night out with properly at the age of 16 after my dad returned to work there.
Makes you wonder, could this work to be my first company i drive for regarding artics. Who knows! But yes, With a fleet like that Richard Preston should be very proud :grimacing:

Really good photos fella, i worked for P of P for most of 1978 and they have always had a smart fleet, i still like to see their trucks on the road, they have a good traditional livery.

mizzo:
Really good photos fella, i worked for P of P for most of 1978 and they have always had a smart fleet, i still like to see their trucks on the road, they have a good traditional livery.

Don’t suppose you got any pictures of the Prestons of Potto trucks back then did you? I’ve always liked the livery of the P of P trucks, and would be great to see some in the ‘golden’ years. As I have a few pictures from when my dad worked at P of P the first time round, but just need to get them scanned and that. Cheers for the comments, I’ve entered my pictures into the T&D magazine to see if they’ll show them so hopefully i’ll here something about it, Wouldn’t half go in favour of my photography project if they did, First person in the class to have photographs put into a magazine so to speak :grimacing:

Here’s one of their old atkis i found somewhere on the net…

I drove PPY 618M for a short time in 1978, it was normally attached to this trailer (bag in a box) or if not a 40 foot flat, picture scanned from Bob Tuck’s excellent book ‘Classic Hauliers 2’ and i assume he has copyright to this picture. (found it on the 'net)

Not my pictures but pictures I’ve found on the tinterweb, the first picture is of my dads old truck but isn’t my dad behind the wheel but the second picture it is my dad :grimacing: :grimacing:

And back when I was younger this is how I remembered Prestons curtainsiders and in my opinion I think these look smarter than the ones they have now but that’s just my opinion :grimacing: :grimacing:

Cheers

Jonny :sunglasses: