my photos

hi lads and ladies i have just found your site and i had great fun looking at your pics so i went up in the loft and dug out a load of mine. I always wanted to be a TIR driver my carreers teacher at school gave me a photocopy of a carreers booklet about TIR driving. It is all about clearway trucking from kent owned by Roger Kemp and driver Tom Pentecost. If i manage to work out how to post a picture i will show you. I ended up as an apprentice aircraft mecanic but took my hgv just to say i had one that was in 1986, now i work as a petrol tanker driver. The nearest i got to TIR driving was when i worked for tescos and i went to the isle of white in my leyland roadtrain!! I’ve posted a trial picture of a book i have had scince i was a kid with ASTRAN in it with a repainted corgi truck.
bye bye for now

:smiley: Hi nicholas, WELCOME. :grimacing:

Hello Nicholas,
Welcome to the forum, what is the book called as I don’t recognise the article
Ron

!(http://i496.phot
The premium domain name obucket.com is for sale!)
Thanks for the welcome guys, Axorman, the book i got for christmas around 1969-1970 published by corgi toys, It is like an annual with comic strip of all the corgi toys of the time with articles about real cars and trucks! It’s called “all about cars”. The next page shows a map of europe and a small photo of two ASTRAN drawbars scania’s.
Hopefully there is a page of my TIR careers article i mentioned in my last message, posted here if i have worked out how to do it right.
bye bye for now

excuse my stupidness, im only 22 but what is a tir driver?

I was thinking the same thing gogzy as im only 23…think it might be international driving or middle east but not sure…

Adam

Transports International Routier." World agreement that allows cargo to cross borders under customs seal. Used for trips outside of the EU or exhibition good

Obtained from uk.geocities.com/zzar_bean/wmaz.html

now,forgive me if im wrong?but is that a picture of jesus? :confused:
here was me thinkin he was the messiah,n it turns out he was a tir driver!
learn summat new every day on here! :wink:

whooshwhoosh:
now,forgive me if im wrong?but is that a picture of jesus? :confused:

This must be a sign :open_mouth: we’re all DOOMED Mister Mannering :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: