My new ride

DAF 85 360 CF AUTO

:open_mouth: Auto :unamused: Where are you running from ?

did u used to have the walkers scania?
if so preffered the scania

Running out of Bristol :slight_smile:
and yes we used to have 54 plate Scania’s but the powers that beeeeeeeeee decided that we needed new stuff as the servicing was getting to costly.
so now we have the Dinky toys.
To be honest there not a bad motor, not as much room as the Scania and yeah It’s an Auto with a manual selector so best of both really or not depending how you look at it.
I’ve brought 3 newones down over the week and the other night lads have brought down 1 or 2 aswel.

We have a sliding fith wheel to make access when hooking up the suzies easier much like we had on the 54 plates. theres a few things that I dont like but you’ll get that on all motors.
The main things that are daft are the switches are dotted all over the place when theres an empty bank of switches next to the tacho i.e head height, so I cant understand why DAF put things like your working light in one place cab light in another reversing bleeper on/off in another place etc etc…
they have mouted the cab phone or block just over the cab light switch so you have to slide your finger under this I’ll take some pics so you can see what I mean as its not your normal type of phone.
Just wish Daf and other truck makers would think about where standard switches would be better placed

nick2008:
Just wish Daf and other truck makers would think about where standard switches would be better placed

Merceds switch’s can be transferred anywhere on the dash and they still work,it recognise’s them individually :sunglasses:

ellies dad:

nick2008:

Merceds switch’s can be transferred anywhere on the dash and they still work,it recognise’s them individually :sunglasses:

I bet that system was a nightmare to wire.