My new (2nd hand) motor

This weekend I’ve been stashing all my stuff and wiring up my fridge and coffee maker in my new second hand motor.
The driver who had it has left the company and so it was offered to me.
What an improvement over the old model,tho’ I’m not too sure about the dinette pack,no big drawer now to throw all me papers and pens into.

Nice one Keith - shame it’s not an XL though !
(You just knew I’d say that :wink: )

Craig 111:
Nice one Keith - shame it’s not an XL though !
(You just knew I’d say that :wink: )

I’d have put money on it :unamused:

Why do you need the orange light :question:

Looks nice KW, especially with the chrome tank. :slight_smile: :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :slight_smile:

V8KARLV8:
Why do you need the orange light :question:

We deliver airco units for shops,factories,restaurants etc and most of the time these are building and construction sites. Like Mc Donalds in Croydon High St a few months ago at 11pm in the evening.

Ah right

Very nice Keith, look well in front of them nice Willy Betz trailers i keep seeing you with
sdj

Biggles:
Very nice Keith, look well in front of them nice Willy Betz trailers i keep seeing you with
sdj

You’re going in the right direction for a smacked bottom!

nice Motor m8 :smiley:

Was that you in the traffic jam on the M25 going towards the A10 junction during the week :question: :question:

Just out of curiosity:
What does it have for a drivetrain, and how much is it plated for?

V8KARLV8:
Was that you in the traffic jam on the M25 going towards the A10 junction during the week :question: :question:

No,it is with great joy that I can say that I haven’t been to the UK this week :smiley: :smiley:

I left Sunday evening for Sens,France,where I unloaded Monday morning and reloaded at the Parc Des Expositions du Paris Nord,just next to Charles De Gaulle airport.
I unloaded Koln and reloaded Koln on Tuesday and had a nice drive down to Marseille (albeit a wet one) to unload Thursday morning.
Then it was off to Frejus-St Raphael,just before Cannes to reload,and home Friday evening.

BUT!! I have three drops in the UK,starting in Southampton Tuesday morning :imp: :imp: :imp:

KW:

Biggles:
sdj

You’re going in the right direction for a smacked bottom!

Can Sooty watch?

sdj

Well,I’ve had the new second hand motor for a few weeks now,and can list the faults…

1.With the Dinette,or Office Pack,the bottom mattress is in four pieces.After a couple of nights sleeping on that my back ached something rotten.So I now sleep upstairs and leave the table down below folded out,which certainly makes the cab feel roomier.And attracts a few stares from other drivers when I’m sitting at my dining table reading the paper :unamused:

2.The heated mirrors are on a timer,bad move Mr.Volvo!

3.The radio’s Volvo fit are crap,alway’s have been and this one’s no different.
So tomorrow I should be fitting my Pioneer radio/CD changer.

4.The seats don’t seem to give the lateral support of previous model’s,and the seat base could do with being a bit more softer (gives me bum ache)

5.I have a fridge which is specially made to fit in the side locker.Only now Volvo have decided to fit a box of electronic goodies in there,so I had to dismantle the whole lot and re-position them (that’ll please the dealer)

Apart from that,I am well pleased with it,despite the faults it’s a vast improvement over the old model.
(Yes Craig,I know it’s still not an XL) :unamused:

KW:

The heated mirrors have two options, ‘Timer’ and ‘ON’ Not such a bad move Mr Volvo more Mr Driver hasn’t read the manual. :wink: :smiley: :smiley:

Keith if you give the heated mirror switch a quick press the light in the middle flashes and the heated mirrors will stay on for 15 minutes. If you give the switch a longer press the light stays on and the heated mirrors will be on until you either turn them off or switch the ignition off.

Coffeeholic:

KW:

The heated mirrors have two options, ‘Timer’ and ‘ON’ Not such a bad move Mr Volvo more Mr Driver hasn’t read the manual. :wink: :smiley: :smiley:

Keith if you give the heated mirror switch a quick press the light in the middle flashes and the heated mirrors will stay on for 15 minutes. If you give the switch a longer press the light stays on and the heated mirrors will be on until you either turn them off or switch the ignition off.

Read the manual!!! I don’t have time to read manuals!!!
Actually I usually read any manual before I start.
Hmm,I’ll give it a go next week Neil and see how it goes.
BTW,mine stay on for half an hour before turning themselves off.

AlexxInNY:
Just out of curiosity:

I can’t read the little badge on the front right of the grill Alex, but I would bet on it being a 12 litre.
That being the case, it’ll be a straight 6, with a 12 speed box (3 over 3 with a splitter), geared to be running at about 1600rpm at 90 kmh. It’ll be kicking out 460bhp and be plated for 40 tonnes, because it is on 2 axles. If it was on 3 it would be plated for 44 tonnes.

Simon:

AlexxInNY:
Just out of curiosity:

I can’t read the little badge on the front right of the grill Alex, but I would bet on it being a 12 litre.
That being the case, it’ll be a straight 6, with a 12 speed box (3 over 3 with a splitter), geared to be running at about 1600rpm at 90 kmh. It’ll be kicking out 460bhp and be plated for 40 tonnes, because it is on 2 axles. If it was on 3 it would be plated for 44 tonnes.

That’s what I was going to say.Except for the bit about kicking out 460bhp,it’s only a 420 :frowning:

KW:
BTW,mine stay on for half an hour before turning themselves off.

Could be 30 mins, I usually just flick them on and forget them so don’t notice when they go off.