My money back please

hi guys and girls

I have a problem with a recruitment agency.About month ago i did plenty of shift but i did one in particular 10 hours.From then every week i call them and they say it will sorted,bla,bla,bla…And now i got tired of them,told them i am going back to work until they pay me otherwise change the agency.

could someone help me to recover the money ? For proof i have my tacho digital and analog, bank statement.thanks :frowning:

Go sit in there office, take flask, sarnies and sleeping bag.
Every time every time a potential customer comes in, ask in a loud voice if they are going to pay you for work done.

Write on a piece of paper " one laptop taken in lieu of payment". Walk into their office, grab their laptop and give them the piece of paper. Tell them they can have the laptop back as soon as what they owe you is paid into your bank account and you are happy to sit and watch them perform the bank transfer.

It does work!

Small claims Court.

gov.uk/make-court-claim-for-money/overview

Then tell 'em to Stick the Job & move to another agency or try for full time employment.

bazstan009:
Go sit in there office, take flask, sarnies and sleeping bag.
Every time every time a potential customer comes in, ask in a loud voice if they are going to pay you for work done.

jaja that would be good and funny way thanks for ur replay

Truckbling:
Write on a piece of paper " one laptop taken in lieu of payment". Walk into their office, grab their laptop and give them the piece of paper. Tell them they can have the laptop back as soon as what they owe you is paid into your bank account and you are happy to sit and watch them perform the bank transfer.

It does work!

maybe it would work.
Few weeks ago they call me for a shift told them that i wont do it until they pay me the shift i did before, before 12pm of the following morning the money was there.U had to listen to them they were begging me ``ah please we need urgently drivers for tomorrow blablabla```, thanks for ur replay mate

martinviking:
Small claims Court.

gov.uk/make-court-claim-for-money/overview

Then tell 'em to Stick the Job & move to another agency or try for full time employment.

many thanks i will give it a go.let u know what happened thanks

The way to beat agencies is to play them at their own game. You did exactly the right thing in saying no to a shift they were desperate to fill unless they paid you what they owed you. I would have added, I wont turn up for the shift until I see the money in my bank account.

They are heartless greedy ■■■■■■■■ and you need to treat them as such. Don’t do favours because they are all one sided. Don’t listen to sob stories because that is exactly what they are…stories. Any offers must be put in writing by text message or email, don’t do the job until you have it.

Working agencies can work but you need to be ready for them. Assume that as soon as the agency muppet starts speaking that they are lying because they generally are.